JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I know is I just scored some long vanished pistol ammo for a reasonable price, seems we were recovering a bit, but our domestic enemies seem bent on a terror campaign that will backfire in their faces

Not thinking it will make much difference! Carry plenty to dissuade vengeful criminal types. Hope I don't have to use it but I am packing a big bore for a while! Big pain in summer wear though. Saw a few boxes of handgun ammo while picking up my Nagant last night. Mostly revolver.

At the K. Falls Bi-Mart things seem to be doing better. Cabela's in Eugene has been stocked the last few months. On my last trip to Portland, the Sportsman's Warehouse was stocked and so were multiple Bi-Mart's.

I have now seen 9mm and .223 all over the place. I am not a fan of either caliber, but when they are back you know things are looking up.

Well I cancelled a couple of long standing back orders, that should help someone. I have plenty and to keep from running negative balance on CC and still being able to other things, it was my only choice.

I have gotten several product availability alerts on hand gun ammo from MidwayUSA , no 22lr though. I saw some .308 and .32's at Walmart a week ago and this was in the evening. I saw a stack of .40's at a walmart in the afternoon last week did not buy any.

It is slowly coming back, but I believe the anti-gun crowd is secretly buying up guns and ammo. They just want everyone else to be un-armed and defenseless is all.

Then there is the big un-answered questions, where has it all been going with production lines running full bore on ammo and things like PMR-30, and no one not one dealer I have spoken to has seen a PMR-30 in a year. Question is who is buying them and where are they storing them??

I dont expect that we will go though another shortage at least until after the mid term elections and even then its if the good guys lose and the Communists win power again.

This is a true story... Today my boy and I went to Sportman Warehouse in Medford with the intention to buy a Eotech 512 for my AK. I got to the gun counter and holly what I saw, my jaws dropped so wide that I almost drop my boy. There were lots of semi handguns (high caps). I was busy fingers playing with 4 differents type of Sigs. The only thing I noticed those price are up a bit. After I was playing with all the handguns then I told the guy at the counter "what is hangun do without ammos" the guy at the counter pointed his fingers behind me there are all kinds of ammo. Especially Hornady Critical Defend and Hornady zombies killers all different calibers. Look like ammo had caught up with the demand.

The only thing I am missing is box of 1000 rounds PMC for target shooting. I have not shoot much lately but I like to have cheap plinking ammo when I go to the range.

Well where I live I have not seen even a 50 rd. box of 22 lr in six months, the last ones I saw I had orders from family members to grab what I could get my hands on. I have not seen a box of 30-30 either, 30-06s finally sold out a couple of months ago and some of the stores are now out of or almost of .243 and .270 which were piled up knee high. I had not seen a box of .308 on the shelf until a couple of weeks ago and they were 150 grain, ain't seen a box of 180 grain in 8 months. I did see a stack of .40 last week but they were gone the next when a guy at work went to get some.

I have discussed this with people in MI, rural MO, KS, NE and OH. No one I know can find a box of 22LR's, or 180 grain or 200 grain .308 I called a dozen dealers in many states and have visited another 1/2 dozen where I live and no one knows where the PMR30's are going and none have seen one in a year.

I think with all of the bubblegumming coming out of Dummy Central, The Out House and the likes that we will continue to see a shortage for sometime, the average Joe, is not starting to buy it up as it appears.

Went to some stores today and got 223/5.56 in quantity with no restrictions and a dozen more of magpul 30's for 12.00 ea.
The ammo averaged 9.99 to 12.99
A box. Plus 300 rds of 270.

Went to some stores today and got 223/5.56 in quantity with no restrictions and a dozen more of magpul 30's for 12.00 ea.
The ammo averaged 9.99 to 12.99
A box. Plus 300 rds of 270.

Great deal on ammo/mags! which location?
I have a Savage 270win that shoots better than rifles twice it's price, but impossible to find FMJ bullets besides the light weight 6.8mm

I don't understand why some folks can't find ammo. Portland is almost 300 miles away and I have no problem finding it when I am there. It's in Eugene, Roseburg, K. Falls and little places in between. I am talking EVERYTHING. 22lr, .223, .308(150-180gr.), 9mm, 45ACP, 40S&W, 380, 7.62x39. Am I missing anything? You may need to be a little diligent, as in you can't just show up to one store in the evening and decide based on that whether we are recovering or not. It is happening and it is there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top