JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
went to the funshow friday 12-5
walked the aisles 3x
not crowded - good
Not many vendors - bad.
Ammo was $22-25 for a 525 brick of .22
saw some shotgun slugs for sale - but did not take note of particulars.

I have been to shows where it could not be contained in one hall and there were tables full in an adjacent hall.
This one was in D hall as usual, with about a 1/4 of the tables empty. Since it was Friday, maybe they were waiting for late arrivals. Sat/Sunday may be better but I was hearing comments from vendors and customers that it was dead. it seemed that a significant number of tables were selling food, nuts, jerky, fudge, coins, art.
Enough to justify calling it a FunShow billed as a GunShow.

I was rather disappointed. I had money burning a hole in my pocket yet I was unable to find the things I needed at a decent price.

Did not see any Ruger chargers, new or used. Was disappointed in the low volume of used guns since I was looking for a used .44 special. Saw only two S&W and two Ruger's. 3 of the four were 44 Magnums, and one Desert Eagle.
1 SKS, few AK47's but spendy. 3 M1 @ $800 several M1 carbines.

I picked up 500 rounds of Federal XM193 5.56, a DPMS LPK, and a holster for my G36...

I came this || close to buying a XDM 9 and a 1911... and a AK-47....

Should of got the XDM 9! It's my first 9mm... and possibly my favorite gun I own now. Out of my glocks and 1911's. I love this thing the gun is awesome!

I was at the show Friday. Did not recall seeing any chargers. Did see bricks of 22 LR, but they cost too much. My local Bi-Mart has them for $16 and they were $22+ at the show. Not good selection of AK or AR either. I have been to the last three shows in PDX. This was not as good. There was 380 Auto though. So that was good. And there seemed to be a better selection and price for 223 than previous shows.

On the other hand I did meet the fellas from NorthwestFireArms.com. They had a table in the back selling shirts. I did not have enough cash on me to purchase one or I would have. Nice fellas. Doing a good job I think.

I always buy some fudge for the wifey. That table at the show always helps me out of the "you went to the gun show?" jam.

went to the funshow friday 12-5
walked the aisles 3x
not crowded - good
Not many vendors - bad.
Ammo was $22-25 for a 525 brick of .22
saw some shotgun slugs for sale - but did not take note of particulars.

A friend came with me to look for ammo, but went home empty-handed - no great deals on .45 for him. I think buyammo.com and one other place showed up, plus the usual odds and ends on people's tables.

I saw a few tables that had .22LR bricks (Rem Thunderbolt) for $25. That's crazy - yes, it's a little scarce right now, but I got four bricks at Bi-Mart for $16 each on Friday. And that was the better Federal ;-)

I was there in August and I would say 90% of the vendors are exactly the same. I think in the last couple years, there's generally only a couple "big" ammo vendors - buyammo and the other one whose name I forget. I don't find their prices all that exciting. I bought some 7.62x54R, but it was almost exactly the same price I got buying online (including shipping).

However...I usually don't find the gun show to have great deals on anything. It's neat to see and handle things you don't typically see in shops and every now and then you find something out of the ordinary or get a deal, but most of the time the firearms are priced at or above retail, the ammo is at or above retail, etc.

Fortunately, the fudge lady was there, and so my wife allowed me to return home ;-)

I went to the show, but didn't spend much time there. I just went to buy a safe from Charlie at Mountain View Safe Co. Also Met Joey and his girlfriend and Cocktailer. I didn't see any smokin' deals either, but then again I don't think I've EVER seen what I would describe as a smokin' deal at a gun show. I go mostly if I looking for something oddball that I normally wouldn't find in a store.

I saw the ads for the show and thought about going if I could fit it in.
Saturday I installed a new garage door opener as the old one was making the sound of chewing up nylon gears. After that I hobbled back into the house fit only for watching TV and drinking large quanities of Brandy.

Then Sunday arrived with much promise, but alas little rain so it was clean the drains from the gutters to the street, remove the old pump for the fish pond and put in the new, change the oil in my motorcycle, cut the grass, remove the decaying plants from the beds, go shopping, take the dog for a walk, and clean the shed. Somewhere in all this I realized I had enough guns and ammo to keep me happy for the ten minutes a week I have spare to play with them, and what I really lacked was slaves to work the plantation. Knowing I'd met an impass, I drove to the liquor store for more brandy.

I went friday, I saw one ruger charger at the show. It was new and very overpriced. I went with a friend so he could get his first handgun. He got an XD9 subcompact. We split a box of reloads 1000 rounds of 9mm, and i bought a case of 7.62x54r for my recent mosin purchase, and an AR bare lower. Most of the prices at the gun show were crazy. Most of the ammo was way overpriced, as were most of the guns. I couldn't believe the prices on romanian draganov's. $900. I was just looking at one online just imported for $500. I got the new bare AR lower for $90 + background check. That wasn't a bad deal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top