JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So im having some problems with my 1911 and was hoping someone had an answer. I have an American Classic II 1911 .45 acp and I love the gun (when it works) and its dead on accurate. But the problem im having is that it wont eject the spent brass. Alot of the time the jacket will remain in the barrel. And other times it wont feed properly. The bullet will feed about half way out of the mag and would stop. Ive tried 3 different mags, the factory stock one, a colt, and a chip mccormick, still the same problems. Its very frustrating. Im fairly new to guns so im not sure what to do.

Polish the feedramp, polish the chamber and check the recoil spring.

I might be able to help.

The ejection problem could also be from limp wristing the pistol.

1911 need to be firmly held. AS always the pistol was designed for std 230 round nose ammo.

This just may be what seperates a $400 1911 from an $800 1911. Fit and finish isn't just about being pretty. I do love the idea of a cheap 1911 but just expect to have to do the refining at home. Like Happy said, do some polishing and make sure everything is moving as smoothly as possible and go from there. It may need the attention of an experienced 1911 smith after that but hopefully it can be tuned up a bit just by cleaning up the ramp and possibly the ejection port.

i run the same gun. It is wonderful and i have one no issues with mine.
What ammo are you running?
I had some similar issues with my reloads until I started using the Lee taper crimp.

I approach gun repair as I do sighting a scope I correct one variable at a time. then I work on another until all issues are solved.

I am a nice guy so I will give you a 100 bucks for the gun and, relieve the stress you are feeling. Heck I will even pay the shipping and FFL fees.

You may also contact Wachika he is, i have heard, really food with 45's

Could be 2 different issues you're having. The extraction issue could be a problem with the extractor. Either the tension is wrong or the hook is not shaped correctly or defective. The feeding issue could be an ammunition problem or a chamber dimension or ramp shape issue.

Does the gun extract live ammunition ok? What type of ammo are you using?

Most 1911 issues can be traced to the extractor or the magazine. Again this is what seperates the high end from the low end. Spend a few bucks for a Wilson Combat "bulletproof" extractor and read up on extractor tension. Also dump a few on a Wilson #47D magazine. I'd also install a 18lb recoil spring. These are band aids for an improperly set up 1911 but will generally get things going on the cheap.

Whats the difference between the wilson combat series 70 and series 80 bulletproof extractor?

Series 80 is for pistols with a firing pin block. If it's not a Colt MKIV series 80 then it will use a 70 series extractor. In short use the series 70. Improper extractor tension can cause feed problems as well. The extractor is what I would suspect for most of your problems.

I wouldnt worry about limp wristing. None of my 1911s will limp wrist malfunction no matter how loosley you hold them.

Don't waste any money on a guide rod. The extractor may help, putting in a Wilson part sure can't hurt. Be sure it is tensioned propertly as well. As stated it would also be a good idea to polishe the feed ramp of the frame and the barrel is also a very good idea. If rounds continue to hang up in the chamber you will need to do some work there as well. Remeber go slow.

Good luck and enjoy your pistol.

I also have an American Classic II. Works flawlessly out of the box....factory loads or my reloads. I have been using a taper crimp die for 30 years.....only way to go in my book.

I also have a Rock Island Armory .45....pure stock and nickle plated. It also works with everything I feed it. Liked it so well, I bought one for my son.....his works just fine too.
As is pointed out above....take one thing at a time. There are a bunch of folks here with good advice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top