JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will offer (with modesty, gathered, since I've never been accused of it before) I completely agree.

I was raised at gunshows in Montana. Literally. I watched my father's table as a child, I earned five bucks lumping guns in and out for table-holders, I spent countless hours which at the time I thought were wasted, but now I know and have realized the true value.

I had a day with nothing else to do: VERY rare for me, and took a chance on the Albany show. Two hour drive for me. VERY GOOD SHOW. Yes, some of the Portland/Expo/Same Guns/ Same Guys/ Same Prices people were there, but the cross-section was very healthy. Cannot compare to Rickreall for small-town/home-biscuit atmosphere (and better old guns at Rickreall), and holds NO CANDLE to the Collector's Show in Portland once a year, but certainly enough to make me drive two hours again.

I went with two missions: I wanted an original unaltered sight for an 1886 carbine (sights are more common than the guns: this is the very rarest Winchester). I knew one "sight guy" would be there, and I fully intended to buy from him. (I'd looked at his offerings at Rickreall). Second Mission: The girlie wants a raspberry LCP. Turns out its rarer than an '86 carbine sight.:s0112:

Bottom Line: Found an '86 Carbine Sight at a different "sight guy" for 50 dollars less than my original guy. This one actually marked "1886". For those bored, I will spike your excitement with the fact that some of us pay right around $300 for a rear sight we need ( I saw another one I wanted for different gun,but it was $600.) Won't say what I actually paid, but I came home very happy.

Yep, paid nearly $300 for a rear sight on an old Winchester, and came home thinking "That Albany show was worth the trip!" "Bargains Galore".

I bought a few things. I was a little disappointed with some of the pricing at some places, but was able to buy a factory Glock 18 33 round mag for $39, and 2 Korean mags for $17 a piece. (For my Kel-Tec Sub 2000, 2 for the price of one, I'll see how they work tomorrow). Also grabbed a Hogue grip, and to my surprise the fella working at the booth immediately said they didn't have them, while standing in front of one, it was $10. I kinda wanted to grab a Bersa for my CCL, but the ones I found looked really dirty? Is that a normalcy?
On the upshot, there were some pretty sweet booths there, and some very nice guns. I found an AR for $550, but had never heard of the manufacture so I dismissed it as something I wouldn't want to be a Guinea Pig with. :)

YES! It was happy, Branned. Everybody seemed of good cheer, very polite and happy to be there. Stark contrast to any Portland Expo Show.

Hey there, how is the the Portland Expo shows? I've never been, but have been pretty interested to check it out. I would think the bigger it is, the better prices you get, or no?

Well, STUB, I can firmly tell you that your drive north will not be of same value as my drive south. Depending on your tastes, yes, lots more tables. Substance?: for me, at least, not much else. Save your gas driving north: I fully intend to continue to expend gas driving south.

"I bought a few things. I was a little disappointed with some of the pricing at some places, but was able to buy a factory Glock 18 33 round mag for $39, and 2 Korean mags for $17 a piece. (For my Kel-Tec Sub 2000, 2 for the price of one, I'll see how they work tomorrow). Also grabbed a Hogue grip, and to my surprise the fella working at the booth immediately said they didn't have them, while standing in front of one, it was $10. I kinda wanted to grab a Bersa for my CCL, but the ones I found looked really dirty? Is that a normalcy?
On the upshot, there were some pretty sweet booths there, and some very nice guns. I found an AR for $550, but had never heard of the manufacture so I dismissed it as something I wouldn't want to be a Guinea Pig with"

ive seen one for $449 but never heard of the manufacture either, still thought it was a good deal..

I use to love going to the big Portland gun shows, but not anymore. They are not as good as the past. The drive (fuel), parking $$, and entry $ is not even worth it. Albany is the best of the shows for me. The WVAC Show in Eugene is OK, but not the fly by night one that is there every 4 months.:(

I wish I could have gone back on Sunday because I enjoyed walking around there on Saturday that much. Probably would have bought that M1 Carbine for $309 had it still been on the table.

Next up on my calender is the Rickreall show December 8th & 9th

Flyer ---> <broken link removed>

I wish I could have gone back on Sunday because I enjoyed walking around there on Saturday that much. Probably would have bought that M1 Carbine for $309 had it still been on the table.

Next up on my calender is the Rickreall show December 8th & 9th

Flyer ---> <broken link removed>

thanks for posting:s0155:

Attendance was done from previous years. I've had a table in the past but not this year. Prices seemed high but I have felt that for twenty years or more. More than $100 for a Garand, get out of here!

I did score some 1912 M1 ball on brass clips, looked new.

Attendance was done from previous years. I've had a table in the past but not this year. Prices seemed high but I have felt that for twenty years or more. More than $100 for a Garand, get out of here!

I did score some 1912 M1 ball on brass clips, looked new.

It was nice to be able to walk around not bumping into folks every two steps like some past shows.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top