JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found an ak pistol, seller says it has rust on the dust cover but i'm not sure if its actually rust.
Opinions? Price value?
Any input is greatly appreciated ak1.jpg ak2.jpg

The top side picture makes it look as if there's pitting on the cover behind the sight. It doesn't look like there's any rust on the weapon in the photos, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't previously. It is clear that a harsh cleaner was used on the left side of that top cover. You can see the difference between the silvered and darkened areas. It is a PAP M85, I do believe. Considering the condition, I'd say around $600-650.

Can you ask the seller for info what brand/parts kit/ importer?Like what the above member stated seems to be a pap but it only may be the reciver and have American barrel ect

Do you believe any costly repairs could come along in the future? Also, is it worth buying or should I continue looking for one in better condition?
Maybe a refinish. It's hard to tell. Get your hands on it and feel for any of the aforementioned pitting, if at all possible. If there is, then it will likely rust again because it is proof that it has been poorly stored previously. As for the second consideration, it could be a great buy depending on the price. It won't cost you much to refinish it if the price is right at purchase and the wood is easy to clean up. It would also be wise to take a look on the inside to see what kind of wear and tear is there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top