JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't tested this out yet but it seems like it should work and it doesn't look really cheesy or backyard mechanic ish.

Just went down to the auto parts store asked for a small diameter piece of vacuum line. since I only asked for about 5 inches of the stuff they let me have it for free. Only other thing needed is some super glue and about 5 mins.

I cut off about 2.5 inches of the line, ran my pocket knife through one side of the vacuum line, put a small amount of superglue on the edge of the dust cover that needed to be covered. Then I slid the sliced piece of vac. line in place and pressed it firm against the cover for a couple mins.

You can see where some of the glue is showing around the edge of the vac. line. If I had been a bit more careful you wouldn't see any and the fix would look super clean.

I'll try to get out and test it soon and report back.

-lol I've had my camera for 6 years and I just found the macro setting-

_____________EDIT: V WRONG LOCATION V lol___________________

IMG_0028_zps05e93563.jpg IMG_0029_zpsd5beaac6.jpg

AK's are notorious for denting their brass and rendering it un-reloadable.

Though a lot of AK guys shoot steel so it's not as big of an issue. However I have a .223 so brass is much more common for me to shoot.

It will work.. A number of people have done it. The only other problem is that the charging handle tends to hit the brass as well, especially at the neck.

You can also get clip-on brass deflectors for the Finnish Valmet from RTG Robert Gun Parts. These will clip onto any AK cover and are designed specifically for 5.56, but should deflect any other brass just fine.

Note: I just realized that I applied the vac. line to the wrong area. It in fact goes farther forward where the ejection port is not where the safety lever goes. I'll fix it and add a picture in the morning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top