JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was wondering what the legality or the clarification of this subject. Could you possibly permanately pin a fake supressor or 6.5 muzzle break to the m92 and add a stock to it? And in doing so would it change the pistol title to a rifle? Has anyone had any experience doing this? How well do they shoot?

As long as the resulting barrel length (with permanent muzzle brake or flash hider or whatever) was 16+" long, then yes, you can add a stock to the pistol and it then legally becomes a rifle.

You can even go back to a pistol configuration.

What you can't do without proper NFA paperwork:

You cannot, at any time, never ever have a shoulder stock on the pistol with a barrel that has a length of less than 16". You must first put the 16+" barrel on the firearm before the shoulder stock.

It used to be that the BATF said that once it was a rifle, then you could not convert it back to a pistol, but Thompson Center sued in court and won - now you can go back and forth.

What you don't want to do:

Have the shoulder stock before you have the barrel the correct length, or a barrel of the correct length ready to put on the firearm. With an AK switching back and forth is less practical than with something like an AR pistol, but it is possible, just not particularly practical.

Another thing you can't do; you cannot convert a firearm that came from the factory as a rifle, to a pistol, without a bunch of NFA paperwork.

You can only go back and forth with a firearm that came from the factory as a "handgun".

The end effect is the same physically, but not legally.

5:30 for me

M85, but same idea...

Extend the bbl to 16" ( there are "fake cans" made for this, or make your own like I did )
Add stock along with 922r compliance parts. ( these are easy, stock set and trigger group get you there )

Shoot gun.

As accurate as anything I own, but being a shorter barrel, you lose a bit of velocity.

I've never understood where the myth of " shorter=less accurate " came from.

5:30 for me

M85, but same idea...

Extend the bbl to 16" ( there are "fake cans" made for this, or make your own like I did )
Add stock along with 922r compliance parts. ( these are easy, stock set and trigger group get you there )

Shoot gun.

As accurate as anything I own, but being a shorter barrel, you lose a bit of velocity.

I've never understood where the myth of " shorter=less accurate " came from.
Glad someone else is enjoying an M85