JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was looking at parts for my Dad's in progress Aero M5 build with him and the only thing I'm not 100% certain of is the buffer and the carrier. Can you use a normal AR-15 tube on an M5 lower and do you have to use an Aero .308/6.5 creed BCG?

You can use a AR15 carbine tube, and you will need a AR10 carbine length buffer (shorter than an AR15 carbine length buffer). https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/308-carbine-buffer. Aero Precision and others make them.

If you use an AR15 intermediate length tube (slightly longer than carbine, also known as A5 length, Vltor and BCM are common manufacturers of these) then you could use an AR15 carbine length buffer in the M5.

In either case you will still use the "standard" 308 BCG.

Was looking at parts for my Dad's in progress Aero M5 build with him and the only thing I'm not 100% certain of is the buffer and the carrier. Can you use a normal AR-15 tube on an M5 lower and do you have to use an Aero .308/6.5 creed BCG?
Any .308 AR platform is going to need a .308 BCG.(any BCG for 308 should work)

I use a carbine tube, .308 bcg and .308 carbine buffer, which is shorter than a 5.56 carbine buffer. So you use same tube, longer bcg, shorter buffer and voila. Functioning rifle. Probably.