JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That looks like the AERO blemished pricing, but it doesn't say blemished in the description. Curious.

Midway currently has them at the moment too. AERO blemished for $65, but if you go over $75 it's a 10% discount.

So... $67.50 from Schuyler or $65 from Midway with $75 purchase (shipping charge about cancels out with the discount).

If I'm not mistaken, Ballistic Advantage makes Aero's barrels.

Interesting, nothing about blem noted anywhere. Went and found the Reddit thread where the dealer posted it also. No mention of blem, the dealer has a good rep on Reddit… for what that is worth lol.

I'll check out the barrel I got last month and see if it's marked or has any anywhere.

Interesting, nothing about blem noted anywhere. Went and found the Reddit thread where the dealer posted it also. No mention of blem, the dealer has a good rep on Reddit… for what that is worth lol.

I'll check out the barrel I got last month and see if it's marked or has any anywhere.
Not that there is anything wrong with them if they are 2nd's. I'm just going by what I know of BA and Aero over the years. Blemished BA offerings are pretty common and the pricing is fairly consistent right in that ballpark.

I don't know anything about Schuyler, but I do know some retailers are of the mind that... if you don't mention it and the customer would never know... they don't always feel the need to advertise the fact they are "blemished".

I bought a blemished 16" BA from primary arms not long ago for $70 and you would be hard pressed to find exactly what made it a "blemished". At least I wasn't able to detect anything of note. Shoots just fine and about the best "budget" barrels on the market, IMHO. "Bang for your buck" -wise.

Last Edited:
Not that there is anything wrong with them if they are 2nd's. I'm just going by what I know of BA and Aero over the years. Blemished BA offerings are pretty common and the pricing is fairly consistent right in that ballpark.

I don't know anything about Schuyler, but I do know some retailers are of the mind that... if you don't mention it and the customer would never know... they don't always feel the need to advertise the fact they are "blemished".

I bought a blemished 16" BA from primary arms not long ago for $70 and you would be hard pressed to find exactly what made it a "blemished". At least I wasn't able to detect anything of note. Shots just fine and about the best "budget" barrels on the market, IMHO. "Bang for your buck" -wise.
I'd be pretty disappointed in a retailer who sold blems without noting them as such.

Either way, I love a good deal haha. I'm running BA/aero in all my builds. Solid stuff for my needs.

Cheers

I'd be pretty disappointed in a retailer who sold blems without noting them as such.

Either way, I love a good deal haha. I'm running BA/aero in all my builds. Solid stuff for my needs.

Cheers
If it's intentional, I would agree, but sometimes it really can just be an honest mistake. Something "lost in translation" between the sales and the website departments.... or someone just being lazy. Using an existing listing and only updating the pricing without bothering to review and change the listing description.

Gotta wonder though. Typically a $140 barrel for 60 bones... "If it seems too good to be true..." yada yada. 🤣

Being aware there's a good chance they are blemished wouldn't stop me from buying one for a budget build. It's going to be a decent barrel and the price is certainly a great deal. Besides, it's not like the barrel isn't going to get all scratched up and stained, anyway.🤣

**I wasn't currently looking for one, but since you mentioned it... I just bought one... clearly marked as "blemished" from Midway. Toss in a gas tube and there's your $75 for the discount.:D

Schuyler is a licensed Aero dealer, and consistently has some of the best pricing for their parts. Never heard of anyone complaining or receiving a blem, so you can take that for what it's worth. I've ordered a few parts from him myself and can highly recommend him. Might be picking up one of those complete uppers soon myself, or a CHF barrel if they come back in stock :s0155:

A few other good deals.

Mine arrived as well. (Midway) Marked as blemished, but one I couldn't find anything and the other... in bright sunlight and catching the light just right there appears to be a small blemish in the finish. Kinda like a faint watermark. It took awhile to find it and really won't be visible under a handguard, anyway.

For 64 bones... as if it would even matter. ;)

1710619158735.png

These discounted AE barrels seem to appear a couple times a year, several retailers will suddenly have them all at once and they disappear again real quick.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top