Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Advanced Armament Ranger 3

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by rzrs503, Apr 18, 2013.

1. rzrs503

rzrs503 salem oregon Member

I think I have narrowed my choices of new suppressor to either a gemtech trek 5.56 or an advanced armament ranger 3 5.56. I have had a chance to test the gemtech but not the AAC. This will be a multi caliber use suppressor for me (5.56 and .22lr). Both are the same price, both are thread on, and both very close to the same size. I like the reduced weight of the AAC. Has anyone had any first hand experience with the ranger 3 and or trek 5.56? Does anyone own an AAC ranger 3 that would be gracious enough to let me test it (i can supply ammo, firearms, and location for test purposes)?

2. ScorpioMk

ScorpioMk Bothell Member

Dont shoot .22 through a sealed can, or at least thats what most will say and I agree they get packed. For something thats not meant for accuracy I would go with something fast attach. And if you dont already have a 7.62 can maybe look for something that could handle that also.

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

+1 Rimfire cans have to be disassembled to be cleaned. Either don't shoot .22lr thru it, or buy one that can be disassembled.

4. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Ranger 3 is vapor ware at this point.

5. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Buy the best available can in stock that you find. If you play the waiting game for the next best suppressor, you'll be waiting a long time. There's always some the new and maybe better around the corner. The Ranger 3 isn't even out yet...who knows when it'll be actually in store shelves.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  6. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

Stay away from gemtech lots of weld breaking problems.

7. wildwest

wildwest the secret hidden bunker near eugene OR New Member

What they said!... i have a 22 supressor. you will destroy it if it cannot be disassembled and cleaned almost every time you shoot it

8. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

You can dip a sealed can to clean it.

9. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

As long as it's not aluminum.

10. rzrs503

rzrs503 salem oregon Member

I appreciate all the input. I take it nobody has any first hand experience with the ranger 3 yet. I have shot a good amount of both .22lr and 5.56 rounds through a friends gemtech trek 5.56 can with no ill effects. He says it has around 2000 rounds .22lr through it and 700 5.56 rounds at this point. It seems like when the can is swapped to an ar15 after a few rounds it cleans it out and he has never cleaned it so far. He was also told by seller keiths sporting goods that the can could be cleaned without dis-assembly.

11. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Nobody has. Like I said, it's vaporware. Other than 1 or 2 prototypes that AAC has, they don't exist.