JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I have narrowed my choices of new suppressor to either a gemtech trek 5.56 or an advanced armament ranger 3 5.56. I have had a chance to test the gemtech but not the AAC. This will be a multi caliber use suppressor for me (5.56 and .22lr). Both are the same price, both are thread on, and both very close to the same size. I like the reduced weight of the AAC. Has anyone had any first hand experience with the ranger 3 and or trek 5.56? Does anyone own an AAC ranger 3 that would be gracious enough to let me test it (i can supply ammo, firearms, and location for test purposes)?

Dont shoot .22 through a sealed can, or at least thats what most will say and I agree they get packed. For something thats not meant for accuracy I would go with something fast attach. And if you dont already have a 7.62 can maybe look for something that could handle that also.

Buy the best available can in stock that you find. If you play the waiting game for the next best suppressor, you'll be waiting a long time. There's always some the new and maybe better around the corner. The Ranger 3 isn't even out yet...who knows when it'll be actually in store shelves.

I appreciate all the input. I take it nobody has any first hand experience with the ranger 3 yet. I have shot a good amount of both .22lr and 5.56 rounds through a friends gemtech trek 5.56 can with no ill effects. He says it has around 2000 rounds .22lr through it and 700 5.56 rounds at this point. It seems like when the can is swapped to an ar15 after a few rounds it cleans it out and he has never cleaned it so far. He was also told by seller keiths sporting goods that the can could be cleaned without dis-assembly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top