JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for reviews and recommendations for accurate AR barrels. Specifically 556 or possibly 6.5 Grendel.
When I say "accurate" a mean I am looking for moa accuracy or a bit better with reloads.
What are some go to brands?

Pretty much any stainless barrel will give you MOA with reloads and decent glass these days.

My go to brand is Ballistic Advantage, their premium line....pick your flavor.

I've had several, but the SPR barrel is great. I get .5-.75 consistently with Federal premium or my buddies reloads.

416R barrel with 5R or polygonal rifling from most brands will pull off MOA or sub-MOA in the AR platform.

advantage to stainless barrels is they're very accurate because it is easier to rifle stainless than it is to rifle chrome lined barrels.

disadvantage to stainless is you need to make sure they don't get too hot or they'll wear out the rifling quickly when hot. not good for rapid fire. Chrome lined is what you want if you plan on using a registered auto sear, or sending a lot of rounds down range quickly. more resistant to heat.

Last Edited:

^^Top choices for quality accurate barrels. I'll add one more.
Mk12 Barrel | by Centurion Arms

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads