JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My recent impulse purchase was the Olympic shooting team edition of the 10/22 take down. At 50 yards I have been unable to get reasonable accuracy. Just when I think I've got it, everything goes to hell again. I have a Nikon P-22 scope with Leupold quick rings. Scope & rings are tight and I have tried different adjustments of the joining nut. I have used two different kinds of Remington ammo that shoot Ok in my other 10/22.
Are the takedowns inherently less accurate that their fixed barrel siblings?
I am already planning on trying better ammo next time I am out but is there something else that I can try before I give up on it?

I hear that finding the proper position for the barrel lock ring can play a big deal in accuracy, also ammunition selection is key.

Keep us posted, I am thinking of getting one but accuracy is critical.

Regards

I have one with a cheepo reddot mounted. Has excellent accuracy, even when I break it down and reassemble. Most of my shooting has been at 25 yards and i'm getting a 1/2" hole plus or minus a sixteenth. The reddot is kinda lame and a scope would do better I'm sure. My ammo is a mixed bunch, Remington Golden, Federal, CCI Maxi, I seem to get the best results with CCI.

My TD is plenty accurate with Federal Bulk. One ragged hole with iron sights in sitting position at 50 feet. Never tried it on the bench.

Ruger recommends hand-tightening the barrel lock ring, remove the barrel, then tighten 2 more clicks. Mine is 100% rock solid with that procedure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top