JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bear in mind that I haven't even sighted in yet... in principle I like Absolute so that if you leve the BUIS deployed it helps reinforce sight picture, "this is what you're supposed to see when On Target."
. . .
Outside of bench shooting, I'd have to kindly disagree.

Assuming the optic is in between the rear and front irons, you're potentially obstructing your view of the dot with the rear irons. Yes, you can argue this would only be in cases where your cheek weld isn't consistent and your irons aren't lined up. . . but that negates two of the large benefits of a red dot: 1) speed of sight picture and 2) that you don't necessarily have to have perfect checkweld or allignment. If the dot is visible and on target when you pull the trigger, you're probably going to be hitting it (outside of very close range where parallax could play into affect).

To get the most of a red dot in an absolute cowitness, I'd say leave the rear BUIS down. Front, IMO, is personal preference if they're not fixed. That way: If the dot decides to sh*t the sack, move your hand and flip the back. If the failure proves more catastrophic, flip the back and strip the optic. :s0114:

Anyways, I think the only real benefits of an absolute co-witness are a consistent cheekweld, saving ammo when zeroing (just move the dot to align with the irons), consistent trajectory (due to same height over bore), and in my case with the Aimpoint PRO, the mount was free. If I had gone with any other optic, I think I would have gone 1/3rd.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top