JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Question.: Does the CZ 455 in 22lr need ??? to make it shoot a 22mag bbl.

New magazine but how is the longer required bolt throw?
If you order the .22 Magnum barrel kit, it includes the longer magazine required along with the wrenches to swap the barrels. The .22 lr comes with a spacer that can be removed to swap the longer magazine into the receiver. I just got my .17HMR barrel kit today so I can switch my .22lr standard CZ 455 into a .17HMR.

I love my Savage 93R17BTVSS. I run a Nikon 3-9x40 and everyone that has shot with it has loved the accuracy. The thumbhole stock has posed an issue for my lefty friends, but they still hit the targets. My 11yo daughter is a crack shot with it. Maintaining 1inch groups, or less, at a hundred yards off a coat over the pickup box side. Once dialed in with 17grn hornady ammo, it bacame a point and shoot tool.

Was given a Savage 93BTVSS as a gift and therefore could justify tossing money into it for improvements: heavy bottom metal, monolithic bridge picatinny, glass bedded, Basix trigger, etc. etc. etc.

This cartridge was NEVER developed for target work (rather for hunting), and therefore the target accuracy that it MIGHT be capable of (such as with Eley 22lr, etc.) is just not there. Yes: my gun WILL shoot "dime size groups" at 100 yds. But NOT to an average.

Extensive scientific procedural testing with chronograph and every ammunition on the market is documented (the chrono demonstrated ammo inconsistency quite graphically) during which time I discovered (much to John Barsness' chagrin) that all the ammo is NOT loaded identically. My rifle prefers Winchester 17gr, and dismantling examples of all ammo tested shows a different powder in the Winchesters.

Not content with all this, and knowing this cartridge should (or might) be capable of better, I invited 4 friends with 5 additional rifles to my range for a full day of testing (NOT competition:testing--we traded off rifles during the fun). The CZ was near the top competitor for CONSISTENT accuracy, as was my heavily modified Savage.

A $249 Marlin, blued and plastic took the honors. NO rifle even came close to "dime size groups" infallibly.

"To the OP on ranging and twisting knobs, I don't. It's good practice on ranging without a rangefinder, hold over and into the wind. Way more than half the fun for me!"

THIS.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads