JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The SR762 showed up yesterday. I unboxed it tonight, took some pics, then tore it down to inspect it.

I need an AR10 vise block and some alignment washers so I can add the Precision Armament muzzle brake.

I have a small selection of ammo to try, most of which I'll just use to smooth out any burrs that may still be in the barrel. Then I'll start testing some ammo.

A Nikon M308 optic and one piece mount, a Voodoo Tactical case, some PMags from Ruger and from sealine here on NWFA, a MagLula SR25 magazine loader and a couple of ammo cans also found their way to the house this week. My work bench looked like a gun shop this week. :D

Since the rule is, "Pics or it didn't happen", I better adhere to the rules:

012717%2003_zpseuzfufex.jpg

012717%2002_zpsrecadhxi.jpg

012717%2001_zpsxbhnya8q.jpg

I know, I know Jeremy...that's PMC XTAC in the pic. I'll keep an eye out on it when I fire it. :)

Nice choice in 7.62 options.

Not intending to de-rail. I bought the AP M5E1 builders kit that consists of upper, lower and HG. That was around T-Day. When I look at the price of the M5E1 already built (very limited stock), I get second thoughts building mine. Mainly because "I know" I will not stay within my budget, and it will take time to gather up the parts on my list. For that reason, I'm going to consider selling my combo kit and buying pre-built. I might as well. By the time I get mine built, I'll have 3K invested. And still need an optic and the rest of the necessities.

My house looked like a gun shop last week with multiple gun goodies and ammo being delivered. I spent a good amount of time at the bench Friday and Saturday doing installs on the 7.62 and things have gone pretty easily although the indexing of a muzzle brake had me scratching my head at first. :confused:

In any event, I managed to get that done on both AR's (Precision Armaments), mount the optic (Nikon M308 with matching mount) and I swapped in the Harris bi-pod from the SR556.

Also, for giggles and grinz, I compared the BCG's and charging handles from the 5.56 & the 7.62.

Anyway, here's some pics...

This pic doesn't really do the 7.62 BCG justice. It's massive compared to the 5.56 BCG, both in size and weight!

BCG%2001_zpse5sg07ie.jpg

On top here is the stock Ruger charging handle. The bottom one is the Patriot Ordnance Factory Tomahawk ambi-dextrous unit I got the 5.56. I think I'll get the same one for the 7.62.

Charge%20Hndl%2001_zpsgr1n82a1.jpg

Brake%2001_zps4aluu3d3.jpg

Brake%2002_zpsyrmqrzg9.jpg

Brake%2003_zpsl8wl47kg.jpg

Nikon%2002_zpslabqhrcc.jpg

Nikon%2003_zpsnauf7t1p.jpg

Nikon%2004_zpsvsgmjb0f.jpg

Barrel%2001_zps90iqkxye.jpg

I swapped out the Nikon M308 mount for a Team Warne XSKEL unit and added a short picatinnay rail riser on the SR762 this morning.

XSKEL%207.62%2001_zpssehxephu.jpg

Nikon%2002_zpsxtnqapzm.jpg

Nikon%2001_zpsqnm3orix.jpg

021817%2001_zpsuspywdbu.jpg

I think I'll finish this thing off with a QD sling mount up front and call it good. Next stop...the range!

Nice choice in 7.62 options.

Not intending to de-rail. I bought the AP M5E1 builders kit that consists of upper, lower and HG. That was around T-Day. When I look at the price of the M5E1 already built (very limited stock), I get second thoughts building mine. Mainly because "I know" I will not stay within my budget, and it will take time to gather up the parts on my list. For that reason, I'm going to consider selling my combo kit and buying pre-built. I might as well. By the time I get mine built, I'll have 3K invested. And still need an optic and the rest of the necessities.
This only works if you can be content with what the "factory" sends you. In my experience you end up replacing a 1/3rd of what you buy when buying something "factory"

Did you get the muzzle device swapped out (I assume so from the pic)

If not let me know, I have a reaction rod you could borrow (have to cover the shipping is all)

Yup, I did get it swapped out and made sure it was aligned properly.

Thanks for the offer!
Sweet looking .762! I have one i purchased in January of 2014. I recently removed the scope and bi-pod and put the iron sights back on. It was time for a change and i figured it will be fun trying to hit out a few hundred yards with the iron sights. How is the trigger on yours?

Sweet looking .762! I have one i purchased in January of 2014. I recently removed the scope and bi-pod and put the iron sights back on. It was time for a change and i figured it will be fun trying to hit out a few hundred yards with the iron sights. How is the trigger on yours?
t

It ain't bad. Could use a bit of a touch up but since I haven't fired it yet I'm just gonna put about 200 rds through it and see where the trigger goes.

let me know how you like that scope! i reload 168gr BTHP at 2650-2680fps and need a good scope for my LR308!

Will do. I'll do a range report once I have a chance to get out to the range with it.

The SR762 showed up yesterday. I unboxed it tonight, took some pics, then tore it down to inspect it.

I need an AR10 vise block and some alignment washers so I can add the Precision Armament muzzle brake.

I have a small selection of ammo to try, most of which I'll just use to smooth out any burrs that may still be in the barrel. Then I'll start testing some ammo.

A Nikon M308 optic and one piece mount, a Voodoo Tactical case, some PMags from Ruger and from sealine here on NWFA, a MagLula SR25 magazine loader and a couple of ammo cans also found their way to the house this week. My work bench looked like a gun shop this week. :D

Since the rule is, "Pics or it didn't happen", I better adhere to the rules:

I know, I know Jeremy...that's PMC XTAC in the pic. I'll keep an eye out on it when I fire it. :)

I can't comment on the X-Tac, but the regular PMC, 147gr. 308/7.62x51 produces one hell of a fireball! You'll definitely keep an eye on it....the muzzle flash will completely fill your field of view in the scope! :eek::D

I can't comment on the X-Tac, but the regular PMC, 147gr. 308/7.62x51 produces one hell of a fireball! You'll definitely keep an eye on it....the muzzle flash will completely fill your field of view in the scope! :eek::D

I remember you saying that when we met up a while back. I'll have to get a video!

Excited to know how you like it. How are you going to break the barrel in?

I'll more than likely use the 8541Tactical method unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I'm biting my knuckles here, folks, but I have to admit that I'm falling in love with it.

Here in yUK, of course, there have been no semi-auto centrefire rifles since 1988...in legal hands, that is.

tac