JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i recently picked up a gp100 in .327 fed mag. i am looking to reload for it. my newest book [speer #14] doesnt show anything for this gun. i am looking to load hornady 100grn xtp over win 296 powder. i cant find what primer is being used. any help would be apprecieted.

i found several different sites that show a maximum 13.2 grns of 296 for muzzle velocity of 1525 but none list the primer :confused:

Per Shooting Times Feb 2009, with the 100 gr XTP, CCI 500's were used in three loads; Federal 205's were in one; Lapua Small Pistol were used in one. None of the loads used W296 though. Have you looked at the Hodgdon's Reloading Data Center on-line? I haven't looked at it but I have heard Lyman Manual #49 has a lot of updated information on new cartridges.

hodgdons online lists lots of loads including loads with 296 powder. but i didnt see primers listed for any of their load data. i can be blind as a bat sometimes but i dont think i missed it.

finally found a listing with primers, i am going to use the hornady xtp 100 grn, 13 grns of 296, and a cci 550 primer. should give just about 1500 fps.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top