JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i recently picked up a gp100 in .327 fed mag. i am looking to reload for it. my newest book [speer #14] doesnt show anything for this gun. i am looking to load hornady 100grn xtp over win 296 powder. i cant find what primer is being used. any help would be apprecieted.

i found several different sites that show a maximum 13.2 grns of 296 for muzzle velocity of 1525 but none list the primer :confused:

Per Shooting Times Feb 2009, with the 100 gr XTP, CCI 500's were used in three loads; Federal 205's were in one; Lapua Small Pistol were used in one. None of the loads used W296 though. Have you looked at the Hodgdon's Reloading Data Center on-line? I haven't looked at it but I have heard Lyman Manual #49 has a lot of updated information on new cartridges.

hodgdons online lists lots of loads including loads with 296 powder. but i didnt see primers listed for any of their load data. i can be blind as a bat sometimes but i dont think i missed it.

finally found a listing with primers, i am going to use the hornady xtp 100 grn, 13 grns of 296, and a cci 550 primer. should give just about 1500 fps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top