JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, i walked into bimart yesterday to pick up a bit of 9mm to plink with and low and behold they had a sig p365 just laying there. So i snatched it up along with a few hundred rounds of ammo and considered myself a lucky man... until i get to the range. One of those rounds i just bought was defective and now my sig p320 rx has a round stuck in the barrel.... lol anywho... yea any suggestions for getting a squib out?

So, i walked into bimart yesterday to pick up a bit of 9mm to plink with and low and behold they had a sig p365 just laying there. So i snatched it up along with a few hundred rounds of ammo and considered myself a lucky man... until i get to the range. One of those rounds i just bought was defective and now my sig p320 rx has a round stuck in the barrel.... lol anywho... yea any suggestions for getting a squib out?
Cleaning rod and a mallet.

Wooden dowel and mallet.

Wooden dowel as close to bore diameter as you can find. (Cleaning rod might work, but might also bend/break depending on how tight the bore fit is.

Take the barrel out of the frame and tap it from the breech end.

Most of the time the cleaning rod, if metal, will just go into the soft lead or copper of the bullet and stick in place. Depending on how far down the tube the bullet went will be the decision factor on which way to punch it out.

If you had a revolver i'd say just keep shooting? :rolleyes:

Blocked-Squib-Barrel-357-Magnum.jpg

Then reload and shoot two more. :D

Close fitting wood dowel, mallet, breech end. Squirt some oil down there first, with the barrel vertical, and let it soak for a bit. Should come out reasonably easy. Good luck..!!

Remove barrel, clamp in vice - muzzle up, squirt Kroil and leave over night. A brass rod the diameter of the bore and a rap with a ballpean hammer. I DO NOT recommend you push from the chamber end. Good Luck.

If you just bought the gun and ammunition at Bi-Mart, you might want to talk to them first before you do anything. Something isn't right if the round stuck in it. Either the gun is defective or the ammunition... unless he happened because you tried to do something normally isn't done.

You might also thing about calling Sig and asking them about it. Neither Bi-Mart or Sig may be willing to help but before you possibly gouge the inside of your barrel or make it worse, it might be better to talk to them.

Mike

...Neither Bi-Mart or Sig may be willing to help but before you possibly gouge the inside of your barrel or make it worse, it might be better to talk to them.

Mike
From what I've seen here over the few weeks I've been here is most of the folks just want a quick fix. Even if it isn't the best especially when it's a new gun.:)

Probably keep them in your range bag.
What kind of ammo? And how many rounds did you get to fire before the squib? Do you like it? And finally, did you check some fired primers for gross smearing?!!
lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads