JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9mm mak brass can be made from 9mm brass with just a little effort.Trim it to mak length...load some cheap cast boolits and fireform the brass.It will expand to fit your chamber...then it can be sized to mak specs and loaded.I have made several thousand.But I do like to have a few hundred with the correct headstamp for various sd loads...Robin

I figured that would work. What part of the case expands? they seem to be the same dimension.
9mm mak brass can be made from 9mm brass with just a little effort.Trim it to mak length...load some cheap cast boolits and fireform the brass.It will expand to fit your chamber...then it can be sized to mak specs and loaded.I have made several thousand.But I do like to have a few hundred with the correct headstamp for various sd loads...Robin

The base of both is the same. The only difference is the 9mm Mak brass is 1mm shorter, and the bullet is slightly fatter (.363 vs. .355). after the first firing the body of the brass will be expanded a little.

What I do is size and deprime regular 9mm brass, expand them to bell the case mouth a bit, trim with a Lee case trimmer in a drill, chamfer, then just run them through the expander die again and load them up. The case capacity might be a little different than regular 9mm Mak brass so work up your load carefully.

thanks, I appreciate the info.:s0155: I am pretty spooked about the loads; Found only one for Bullseye powder so far. Taking it slow
The base of both is the same. The only difference is the 9mm Mak brass is 1mm shorter, and the bullet is slightly fatter (.363 vs. .355). after the first firing the body of the brass will be expanded a little.

What I do is size and deprime regular 9mm brass, expand them to bell the case mouth a bit, trim with a Lee case trimmer in a drill, chamfer, then just run them through the expander die again and load them up. The case capacity might be a little different than regular 9mm Mak brass so work up your load carefully.

The dementsions for 9mm Mac and 9mm Luger are given on this website: http://stevespages.com/page8d.htm
just scan down the page to the metric section and you will find them both.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top