JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Palmetto State Armory PX-9 lower from a NWFA member and I bought an entire 9mm AR rifle from another NWFA member. The PSA lower is designed to accept Glock mags and the rifle has standard lower with adapter designed for colt mags.

I would like to buy a shorter barrel for a pistol build using PSA glock lower and be able to use the bolt from the rifle. Here is the barrel I am looking at buying:

https://www.spintaprecision.com/5-9mm-lightweight-melonite-nitride-barrel-1-16-twist-1-2x28-sale/

How can I determine whether my bolt will work with the Spinta barrel and with the PSA lower?

Edit: I pulled this photo from net:

TSkwjgu.jpg

Supposedly the left two bolts are glock compatible and the far right bolt will only work with Colt mags. Does that seem right? I will post a photo of my bolt later this morning.

Edit: Here is my bolt and it looks like it is cut for glock mags. Sweet!

20201209_082914.jpg

Last Edited:
Most bolts are cut for both Colt style mags and Glock mags. There are exceptions though. Can you ask the the member that sold you the rifle what brand bolt it was?

9mm barrels are not dependent on the type of bolt cuts, they will work with either (as long as the barrel does not have a feedramp that could impede Into magazine, if running an Endo mag conversion), Taccom barrels come to mind.

Last Edited:
Most bolts are cut for both Colt style mags and Glock mags. There are exceptions though. Can you ask the the member that sold you the rifle what brand bolt it was?

9mm barrels are not dependent on the type of bolt cuts, they will work with either (as long as the barrel does not have a feedramp that could impede Into the bolt face), Taccom barrels come to mind.
I believe it was from Karris Guns and it is the Defender Model 16 inch barrel. Their description says hybrid bolt.

I did not receive an endo mag, the seller had it set up for colt style mags which he included a bunch of.

9mm barrels are not dependent on the type of bolt cuts, they will work with either (as long as the barrel does not have a feedramp that could impede Into the bolt face), Taccom barrels come to mind.
So I should be good to go with Spinta barrel? It's nice and cheap.

Yes, and you should be fine with your bolt too.
That would be great, that means I have everything else to put it together except the barrel. I think I will test out the 16in upper on the PSA pistol lower once it's built to make sure the bolt doesn't have any interference with glock mags. Worst case is I have to buy a glock bolt.

Thanks the advice. I am going to try out that M&P 2.0 slide on the Gen 1 frame this weekend.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top