JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Marlin
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Myrtle Point
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I can bring this Mountie to the Roseburg Gun Show on 02/18 (Sunday) if anyone wants to see it in person.
Ammo sold except 145 rounds of the ammo used in the targets shown in the photos, price reduced by $380.00.
I purchased this from a firearms dealer in the mid-west some years ago when I was collecting Marlin Mounties. According to the dealer it was his opinion that it had never been fired. When I examined it that certainly appeared to be the case to me. I have sold off my Marlins over the past number of years and this 39M is the last and the best Marlin I have ever owned There are two faint marks on the left side of the receiver which I was not able to capture in the photos and there is some the blue wear on the lever hinge from working the lever as shown in the photos. The rifle metal is 99.9% and the wood is 100% in my opinion. Another reason I valued this rifle so much is the rarity of the oil finished stock and slender forend as I have only seen two or three other examples of that on Mounties in the past that I can recall. There are no marks of any kind on the wood.
I have never owned a Mountie that didn't outshoot a Marlin 39 rifle, (as well as most of them shoot), with the superbly accurate JM microgroove bbls. which is due, I believe, to the shorter bbl. having fewer vibrational upset characteristics which affect accuracy. I shot the target in the photo at 30 (+ or -) yards from a foam pad on a bench. A rifleman with younger eyes could do better I'm sure. One other unique feature of this rifle is that as the bbl. warms up the group size and location do not change unlike most other Marlin 39's I've fired. I fired 30 rounds thru this rifle during it's life with me and can confirm that it is especially accurate. It has nailed two sewer rats thru the eyeball. FUN! It comes with the Williams receiver sight, and the 4X .22 Magnum scope and base seen in the photos. The ammo seen in the one photo has been sold except for the 145 rounds of CCI Velocitor which come with the rifle. That is the ammo brand that shot the group in the photo, and what I used to zero in the iron sights and the scope. What it does not come with is the hammer block safety mandated by the California lawyers, and the downside of the Remlin changes.
Because of my age and limited ability to travel my transfers are done at Bay Area Yamaha in North Bend. It is easy to find, just 1/2 mile past the bridge as you come into North Bend on the Coast Highway. It's on the left as you are coming South and is across from the County Park which is on your right.

Thank you for your time.
Scott
Semper Fi

Marlin wo scope 1.jpg Marlin wo scope 4.jpg Marlin 3 wo scope.jpg Marlin2.jpg.jpg Marlin wWilliams.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Beautiful rifle . Nice to see such a classic . GLWS . :)
Thank you. Wish I could keep it. I'm reducing the price to $995.00. I finally decided I can either take a loss and sell it to someone else who appreciates the quality built into Marlin pre-Remlin rifles or have it sit in my safe until I die and leave it up to my wife to try and figure how to deal with it.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.