JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
i inherited a mauser from my grandfather and would love to shoot it as this was his primary hunting rifle. I can't find this ammo anywhere. Its 8mm mauser rimmed. Thanks!
Third hand resale in the old Young's building by Soutgate market had a box or two of 8mm rimmed in there a few weeks ago, if you get a chance stop in and check with them.

Third hand resale in the old Young's building by Soutgate market had a box or two of 8mm rimmed in there a few weeks ago, if you get a chance stop in and check with them.
Many thanks! I tried calling but their number is disconnected but you were in there so they must be open lol. I'm going to head there in a couple of hours. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know

Many thanks! I tried calling but their number is disconnected but you were in there so they must be open lol. I'm going to head there in a couple of hours. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know
If they don't have them, let me know, I have a neighbor that accidentally bought rimmed when he needed standard 8x57 I will see if he still has them.

A thought uptownsoulder253, before you embark on your Holy Grail shooting quest w/grand-daddies' firearm...might consider having a reputable smithy validate the firearm is viable to be shot as well as ensure what kinda ammo it takes before you, with good intentions, destroy the firearm and possibly injury yourself or bystanders!

you have no earthly idea what condition it was put away last nor if it was serviceable...

A thought uptownsoulder253, before you embark on your Holy Grail shooting quest w/grand-daddies' firearm...might consider having a reputable smithy validate the firearm is viable to be shot as well as ensure what kinda ammo it takes before you, with good intentions, destroy the firearm and possibly injury yourself or bystanders!

you have no earthly idea what condition it was put away last nor if it was serviceable...
I appreciate your advice. I have looked into this for some time. I was a gunsmith for some time so I've already given it a thorough inspection while the gun was fully disassembled for cleaning. I recrowned the barrel and checked the bore diameter. I haven't slugged it but don't have the tools to do so anymore so will have to source that. I always test long guns from distance with the good ol length of paracord method lol

I appreciate your advice. I have looked into this for some time. I was a gunsmith for some time so I've already given it a thorough inspection while the gun was fully disassembled for cleaning. I recrowned the barrel and checked the bore diameter. I haven't slugged it but don't have the tools to do so anymore so will have to source that. I always test long guns from distance with the good ol length of paracord method lol

ah, sorry I guess I missed those important tidbits in your 'OMG I inherited...want to shoot it...but can't find ammo...' first post. (sarcastic attitude off)

enjoy your shooting experience

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top