JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$20
Manufacturer
Hornady
Caliber
7mm Remington Magnum
City
Camas
State
Washington
Zip Code
I've got 56ea 7mm Mag and 18ea 45-70 brass cases. Both are once-fired mixed headstamp (mostly Hornady & some Remington) brass.

Asking $20 for the lot.

IMG_20210408_095745133.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong or maybe they have some new dies i'm not aware of. But I'm pretty sure the 45-70 hornady leverevolution, if that's what that brass is... Cannot be reloaded because they use a shorter casing to accommodate for the slightly longer ftx bullet.

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong or maybe they have some new dies i'm not aware of. But I'm pretty sure the 45-70 hornady leverevolution, if that's what that brass is... Cannot be reloaded because they use a shorter casing to accommodate for the slightly longer ftx bullet.
According to one reloading site (https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/reloading-45-70-hornady-leverevolution-brass.3992963/), if you adjust your load due to the shorter case, you CAN reload them. They do not need to be thrown away or tossed into the brass-recycle bin.

I would reload them myself, but I'm not going to buy a rifle for the privilege. These two sets of once-fired indoor range-pickup brass were shot in my presence where I work.

The 45-70 Hornady Leverevolution brass is indeed a bit shorter but can be used for reloading without any problem. I shoot a lot of Bearclaws' 525 grain "Piledriver" which is a rather long bullet and never had any problem. They cycle through just the same as Starline. Just adjust your die as needed.

With my RCBS 45-70 dies I had to remove metal from the seater die in order to crimp with the Hornady brass.
This ad has turned into a pro/con thread for the potential use of 45-70 brass, so I've decided to lock this ad and reconstruct it again in hopes of actually selling the 7mm Mag brass.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.