JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got this 338 from my uncle and it used to be my grandpa's. How good should I expect this gun to shoot and how reliable should I expect it to be. Supposedly the first time my grandpa shot it at an elk it jammed. I also got a box of some 250 winchest super x bullets that look like they are from the 70s also.

I do plan to hunt with it. Tho I'm not sure if I should. It's not in the best shape. Over all condition it's probably a c+.

So questions I have. How good should I expect it to shoot?
How reliable should it be?
What bullets should I look into?
What do you think it is worth?

1660600207510569926502611177380.jpg

clean it real good, find some ammo "good luck" take it out and see how it acts. have you ever shot a .338 win mag? be prepared for a fair amount of recoil. value is probably in the $600 - $900 range unless there is more wrong than the one picture shows. if the ammo you got with it isn't all green and corroded you should be fine shooting it. if you are new to magnum rifles hold onto that sucker. good luck.

what they said, some older semis were ammo fussy, the gas system being dirty would be my suspicion on jamming. I am not sure just how mad you have to be at an animal to shoot it with a .338 but it is a Squatch gun for sure! Pain is weakness leaving your body:s0034: