JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LC Match is very good brass and I use it for my service rifle loads. It's really not made any differently than regular brass, just somewhat more uniform.

As Stomper noted, weight each piece and segregate into lots. I use the most consistent for my 600 yard loads and then most of the rest for my offhand/rapid fire ammo.

Nah, it's not worth your time & trouble, mail it to my cave & I'll do the hard work. Just tryin to help a guy out.;)

On a side note, if it is labeled as "Match" then it should be better than most other new brass. Good luck with your choices.:)

I posted the question on the AR15 board and got this answer.

It's identical to standard Lake City, no better and no worse. The benefit to you is once fired wasn't used in a machinegun. Same load data applies, subtract 2.0 grains of powder compared to what you normally use in commercially manufactured brass. The only difference is the headstamp.

168 grain Sierra Match Kings OAL" 2.800"
Lake City once fired brass
Winchester standard large rifle primers

maximum powders charges according to Wm. C. Davis Jr., US Armed Forces ballistician, as tested and recorded for the National Rifle Association:

41.5 grains of IMR-4064
40.5 grains of IMR-4895
39.5 grains of IMR-3031
40.0 grains of H4895
43.0 grains of WW-748

All of these loads achieve approximately 2500 fps from a 22" M1-A, no more than 2600 fps on average from a 24" bolt action.

Loads that I have tested using similar burn rate powders in Lake City brass and 168 grain SMK's:

40.5 grains of AA-2460
41.5 to 42.0 grains of Varget or RE-15
41.0 to 41.5 grains of VihtaVuori N140
42.0 to 42.5 grains of VihtaVuori N150

All of my loads are maximum, near maximum or ever so slightly over maximum. Start lower and work up using either data source. Good Luck.

Also there are two types of LC Match brass there is A171 brass which will have a knurling or texture band down near the case head and says "MATCH" on the headstamp then there is AA11 brass which is the higher quality of the two and says LR on the headstamp. Both are great brass they wont match up to Lapua brass but I would definitely load and shoot it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top