JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
Camas
State
Washington
I saw an ad this morning for this same brass, but I was not up all night like the first person who "pounced" on that ad. :( Drat!!

I'm interested in 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, or 7.62x39 brass. This can be range-pickup, but should be in good condition with no major dents or crushed necks. I am interested in any brass except S&B. Does not need to be deprimed, tumbled or sized, since I will be doing that as I do with all of the brass I shoot from my firearms.

PM me or respond to this ad and I will respond pretty quickly. Thank for your interest. :)

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I saw an ad this morning for this same brass, but I was not up all night like the first person who "pounced" on that ad. :( Drat!!

I'm interested in 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, or 7.62x39 brass. This can be range-pickup, but should be in good condition with no major dents or crushed necks. I am interested in any brass :eek:except S&B. Does not need to be deprimed, tumbled or sized, since I will be doing that as I do with all of the brass I shoot from my firearms.

PM me or respond to this ad and I will respond pretty quickly. Thank for your interest. :)
Sorry brother, if I'd have known I had 2 out of your list in my ad. The very one I posted late last night... The first respond it was four minutes after I posted that classified ad. :eek:

Sorry Robert, it just happened that way, signed in, just after the ad was posted by Jim, other wise, I would have never known. On another forum, I have watched over the last 6 months, "HAWKERS", watching ads and posting, they will "take it all", within 30 seconds of the post. As I followed these people, they did it multiple times, got to the point, I did not log-on for many weeks, just to shed the negative Karma off.
Back to the ad. A friend, I shoot with, got burned on 100- 6mmARC once-fired cases, a week ago. Seems the cases where fired in a barrel, which caused the cases to separate. He sent one case to Hornady and had it confirmed. Had to scrap them all and seller refused a refund. I told him, that's what the negative button in the feedback area is for.
I shoot the 7.62X39 in an AR platform, not an AK. So all my cases are brass, not steel.
As for 6.5 Grendel, I have a few, but not many and you are welcome to the ones I do have.
Question: why not S&B cases.
I know they have a different way of doing their primer pockets, which makes seating a new primer, ruff sometimes. I just chuck up my military reamer and fix that problem.
I had 200 - 6.5CM S&B cases, I did the same with all of them. Sent in a handful to a machinist, who did testing, to see if the reamed cases, held the primers as well as a new case. The tests came back with flying colors, primers held as good, as a new one.
PM me you contact info and I'll send out the Grendel's to you if you want them. I have a few 7.62X39, which I recently acquired, they all have small primer pockets. This is the first time I have seen these (these pockets "are tight"). If you want them, we could work something out. I only use large pockets in 7.62X30, at least for now.

Robert, it just happened that way, signed in, just after the ad was posted by Jim, other wise, I would have never known. On another forum, I have watched over the last 6 months, "HAWKERS", watching ads and posting, they will "take it all", within 30 seconds of the post. As I followed these people, they did it multiple times, got to the point, I did not log-on for many weeks, just to shed the negative Karma off.
Back to the ad. A friend, I shoot with, got burned on 100- 6mmARC once-fired cases, a week ago. Seems the cases where fired in a barrel, which caused the cases to separate. He sent one case to Hornady and had it confirmed. Had to scrap them all and seller refused a refund. I told him, that's what the negative button in the feedback area is for.
I shoot the 7.62X39 in an AR platform, not an AK. So all my cases are brass, not steel.
As for 6.5 Grendel, I have a few, but not many and you are welcome to the ones I do have.
I know they have a different way of doing their primer pockets, which makes seating a new primer, ruff sometimes. I just chuck up my military reamer and fix that problem.
I had 200 - 6.5CM S&B cases, I did the same with all of them. Sent in a handful to a machinist, who did testing, to see if the reamed cases, held the primers as well as a new case. The tests came back with flying colors, primers held as good, as a new one.
PM me you contact info and I'll send out the Grendel's to you if you want them. I have a few 7.62X39, which I recently acquired, they all have small primer pockets. This is the first time I have seen these (these pockets "are tight"). If you want them, we could work something out. I only use large pockets in 7.62X30, at least for now.
Not a problem OEO. ;)
My comment was in the spirit of "Holy Smokes, Batman! This forum is lively!"

I just had two others on this forum respond early this morning, so I think I have what I need.

I recently ordered a 6mm ARC Complete Upper that will take another 4weeks to arrive. Hard to find spent 6ARC cases, since this caliber is coming-out. I've seen where you can resize 6.5 Grendel brass to 6ARC and you can also resize 7.62x39 to 6.5 Grendel. I got a small number of 7.62x39 brass from a friend and was successful in resizing them from 7.62x39 down to 6ARC in one operation. I had a few crushed necks (range pickup) that ended up completely crushed, but I used needle-nise pliers to expand the necks on others and was successful in saving the others in the batch.

It was a good project and now I'm spending the next month prepping brass until my upper arrives.

Thanks all!

What I have heard is while I love S&B for my range ammo, apparently one YouTube author shared the brass does not resize well. Something about the brass thickness, I believe he said.

Since resizing from 7.62x39 to 6ARC is a virgin territory for me, I wanted to reduce the number of unknowns until I get my process down, then I can expand into other brass manufacturerd. This guy also said Winchester brass worked the best for his resizing project. FYI.

No problem Robert, I took it in jest.
Do you have an annealer?
I could anneal some of these 7.62X39 "small pockets" and send them to you yo try out for resizing.
The reason for Winchester working so well, the case is thinner, than others.
I do some conversions 30-06 to 8X57 and 7X57. Been saving up to do some .223 & .222 into .221 Rem FB. I cut the case down first, then anneal and the process goes real smooth, for the conversions I've been doing.
Other than the sharp-angle primer-pockets on the S&B cases, I like them because they are a solid quality made case.
The one case to really look out for is the CBC 9mm case, thickness varies going up the case, causes allot of crushed and bulged cases, when seating bullets, no matter what you try.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.