JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally got the controlled round feed Swede I always wanted. Picked up a post war commercial 98 Mauser in 270 Winchester along with a Boyds stock that hadn't been fit or finished. Ordered a short chambered 6.5x55 barrel from Brownells, removed the old barrel and screwed the new barrel in. Then I fit and bedded the stock, applying Dem-Bart finish oil. I took it to Tim Copeland to have the chamber finish reamed, and he blued it.. I installed a Timney sporter trigger that is a consistent 3 pound release. So far I have only test fired with Norma factory loads, but once I get moved to Montana, I'll get some hand loads worked up. New Leupold 3x9x40 in Warne rings and bases.

20230728_094350.jpg 20230728_094223.jpg 20230728_094258.jpg

Thanks guys! The Norma factory loads shot pretty well for a hunting rifle. 156 Gr Alaskan bullets shot 1.5" @ 100yds. There will be barrel break in and some more loading to do as time goes by. I have quite a few different .264 bullets on hand, so we will see. As I said, moving to Montana, and most of my reloading goodies are already boxed up. It'll be ready for next hunting season.

My favorite hunting rifle is a 6.5x55 Swede Mauser. After reconstructive surgery on my shoulder, I had to give up the big kicking 7mm Mag, and 300 Win Mag.
I can say that it has not changed my hunting, except I need to get a little closer. If I can get within 300 yds, I can hit with precision. DR

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top