JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
If an early one, this should have a "false muzzle" cap on the tip of the barrel (usually tack-welded or sweated on) which made the original carbine barrel legal for sale (16 plus inches) in the U. S. This is a heckuva price for a Swede carbine (even sporterized). If I didn't have one already, I'd be all over this. They shoot better than about any short-barreled gun you can buy off the shelf, and the caliber is adequate for almost anything (Swedes still prefer them for moose). A wonderful "first rifle" for a youngster or woman, generating encouraging accuracy with minimal recoil. Have you shot it?

I have shot it very little, been sitting in my safe for nearly 20 years. loaned it to a friend of mine after his house burnt down, he used it for a couple years, said it is a dandy shooter. and it does seem to have some kind of cap on the muzzle

When the original Kimber outfit folded, and then tried to get up and running again, they saw great potential in these guns. Then there was a market flood of Swedes, and Kimber bought a bunch, overhauled them, offered some in 6.5, and rebarreled some in .308 and .243. The guns were sold as a "package deal", with a respectable Bushnell scope, hardcase, etc. for around the $300 range! I have a .308 version (in addition to my sporterized 6.5 carbine like yours). The .308 came from Kimber fully nickel plated head to toe, and a Bell and Carlson black stock. I added a Dayton Traister cock-on-opening/trigger conversion, and when I saw how it shot, I installed a Leupold. The gun is most definitely the very most accurate .308 I have ever shot. In its durable nickel finish and plastic stock, it is the workhorse of my outfit. Pickup truck gun, spare rifle for serious hunting trips, and always the one I grab if someone tells me they need to borrow a rifle for deer/elk season. Bullet-proof, impervious to neglect, and a cloverleaf shooter!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.