JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting into loading 6.5 prc. I have magpro powder to use along with a wide selection of primers. I'm at a loss with picking out the proper set of dies.

Do I go with bushing dies?
Should I full length resize each time?

Rifle is a Bergara hmr wilderness. Uses will be hunting a target shooting.

Press is an RCBS rock chucker single stage.

Recommendation for dies and a good starting load with what primer to use would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You're going to open up a big can of worms with this. Lol!

What have you reloaded for before?

I pretty much always full length resize.

Forster, Redding and RCBS do all of my precision load chores. I've got some Wilson dies too but that's a whole other rabbit hole.

I primarily reload .308, 9mm, 30-30 and .223. All using rcbs dies. I'll just stick with rcbs and full length resize for now.

The bushing dies were a whole new world of reloading I discovered the other day and was curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with that.

I primarily reload .308, 9mm, 30-30 and .223. All using rcbs dies. I'll just stick with rcbs and full length resize for now.

The bushing dies were a whole new world of reloading I discovered the other day and was curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with that.
A lot of people use those and have good success. I have one or two myself, but find myself going back to standard dies as long as they're not overworking the brass.

I'd highly recommend getting a competition bullet seating die though. My favorite is Forster with the micrometer top.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews