JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neither...the PTR-91 doesn't have a forward assist or lock back while most AR-10s are grosely overpriced. My JLD PTR-91 is VERY accurate and reliable. However, with scopes on a STANAG mount you have only two options- go VERY expensive or VERY cheap...there are no middle grounds here. You can get a picitanny mount for it but none of them have impressed me and most don't allow you to use the iron sights with it. My PTR is also very picky on ammunition as well and won't let me reload any of the cassings.

I'd go with a different system if you are dead set on a .308....just my two cents.

PTR-91.

Edited now that I have a second.

The G3 type rifles are good for digesting even the filthiest of ammos.
Accuracy is good, and the ability to accessorize is about the same as the AR-10.
You can change barrels easier on the AR-10, but I'm not worrying about that in SHTF.

If you decide on a AR-10, go with the Stoner.

I would go M1A, but you didn't list it as an option.

You could pay a little more and get a HK 91.........

A little more? I'd like to know where you go shopping. :)

While the FAL is not on your list it should be. It has been called the "right arm of the free world". The receivers are machined not stamped out sheet metal. This weapon is still used in 60 to 80 country's around the world. As for accuracy my rifle with its 3x9 scope will group from the bench 5 rounds in just over 1.5". That's plenty good for any situation that I can think of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top