JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
1956 with a Lyman peep. I have the normal rear sight and the front sight. The Lyman came with a globe front but I didn't like it and the day I was switching them back I ran out of time. Forgot I hadn't put the original back until I pulled it out for photos this morning :eek: I sold the Lyman globe separately.

It has not been refinished AFAIK, about 85% +/- on blue with some bright spots and about the expected amount of wear and tear for a almost 60 year old wood rifle. It was factory D&T for the peep sight. The bore is good.

I have replaced the mag spring and the front barrel band. When I got it the front band was stripped and the replacement is a vintage part.

The stock has been cut at some distant time in the past and a Pachmayr White Line Deluxe recoil pad installed. New LOP is 13" making it great for hunting in cold weather with a thick jacket or for younger/smaller shooters.

I have put less than 20 rounds through it and am selling it for the same reason I sold my Enfield, it's too much gun for where I shoot and I don't hunt, so it never comes out of the safe.

Some partial trades, up to about $300 value, would be:
Savage 340 30-30 bolt action (yes, I know, same caliber, but it would be a gift for my brother ;)
CZ 83 in 32 acp
Colt Pocket Model M in 32acp
1st or 2nd generation single stack S&W 9mm - 39-2 or 4(5 or 6)39
Other odd and older firearms in 32 acp or in the 22 hornet range

Feel free to make firearms related offers.:s0155:

Win94Right_zpsc75d66e9.jpg Win94Left_zpsf34f09e1.jpg

Last Edited:
So after a week it hasn't sold and no offers, reasonable guess why?

duh! It's over priced! :rolleyes:

How about dropping it $50.00 to $575.00?

And a note on trades. I know that in mint, or even very good condition, the guns I am looking for are worth more than $300+/- but I am looking for guns that are a little rougher, still mechanically sound, but lots of exterior "love," if you know what I mean. :)

So lets add shorter barreled Ruger Blackhawks, the bigger the hole the better.

Far as I know; the added sight makes it not collectable so you have a shooter that is worth $400

The sight was attached using holes that were factory D&T (That would be drilled and tapped for those that are wondering)

Peep sight on a pre 64 Winchester? - 24hourcampfire

I just looked it up in my Renneberg book (1st Ed.) on the Model 94. The factory drilling of side mount peep sight holes began around serial number 1,940,000 (early 1953). The carbine in the picture above was made in 1953 (serial number 1,951,XXX) and is an early example of the M94 with the factory drilled holes. The receiver holes were drilled in the receiver by the factory until the Angle Eject feature was added in the Post-64 era (1983, around serial number 5,200,000).

And I have the factory screws for those holes that the factory put in back in '56. Is it your contention that if I remove the sight and put the screws back in it becomes collectable, and therefore worth more? :s0093:

No Sir! Just repeating some bad information on a rifle I had looked at. I appreciate the education Want to swap for a .38? <broken link removed>
The sight was attached using holes that were factory D&T (That would be drilled and tapped for those that are wondering)

Peep sight on a pre 64 Winchester? - 24hourcampfire

I just looked it up in my Renneberg book (1st Ed.) on the Model 94. The factory drilling of side mount peep sight holes began around serial number 1,940,000 (early 1953). The carbine in the picture above was made in 1953 (serial number 1,951,XXX) and is an early example of the M94 with the factory drilled holes. The receiver holes were drilled in the receiver by the factory until the Angle Eject feature was added in the Post-64 era (1983, around serial number 5,200,000).

And I have the factory screws for those holes that the factory put in back in '56. Is it your contention that if I remove the sight and put the screws back in it becomes collectable, and therefore worth more? :s0093:

No Sir! Just repeating some bad information on a rifle I had looked at. I appreciate the education Want to swap for a .38? <broken link removed>

That's a nice S&W, but I think I will pass. Mostly interested in selling for cash (I need some to finish another project), but there are some things that might be nice for a part trade part cash deal.

Maybe add Leupold M8 fixed power scopes to that list.

Really? Still too much? Hummmmm :confused:

Searching prior sales $600 +/- a bit had appeared to be about what they sell for. OK then . . . one last drop to $525.00 and we will see what happens.

Trades could be closer to full value if need be, although I would like to keep the trade/cash ratio about half & half.

Willing to consider trades not listed if they meet the general range of what I am looking for (no shotguns, no rifles above the 223ish power level, nothing that can't or doesn't shoot, stuff like that :) )

If it doesn't sell for this price I will just find some Trail Boss and load some light lead loads and shoot it, I guess.

duh! It's over priced! :rolleyes:

How about dropping it $50.00 to $575.00?

And a note on trades. I know that in mint, or even very good condition, the guns I am looking for are worth more than $300+/- but I am looking for guns that are a little rougher, still mechanically sound, but lots of exterior "love," if you know what I mean. :)

So lets add shorter barreled Ruger Blackhawks, the bigger the hole the better.
Problem is the butt stock has been altered, most buyers won't take the time to look past that. If you can find an unaltered, correct plated butt stock and the grade is correct to the price it won't last.
Silver Hand

Problem is the butt stock has been altered, most buyers won't take the time to look past that. If you can find an unaltered, correct plated butt stock and the grade is correct to the price it won't last.
Silver Hand
Maybe yes, maybe no. The stock, other than the butt pad, does not look to be altered, the wood is still a little proud around the tang with no gaps. As it is it would be a great choice for a smaller shooter. Replacing the stock with a period correct one, should someone wish to do that, would run $50 t0 $100, depending how lucky one gets on Ebay. If I were to do it it would lower my effective selling price by the same amount, and like I said, selling it for less than $500 is not something I am real interested in. ;)

Maybe yes, maybe no. The stock, other than the butt pad, does not look to be altered, the wood is still a little proud around the tang with no gaps. As it is it would be a great choice for a smaller shooter. Replacing the stock with a period correct one, should someone wish to do that, would run $50 t0 $100, depending how lucky one gets on Ebay. If I were to do it it would lower my effective selling price by the same amount, and like I said, selling it for less than $500 is not something I am real interested in. ;)

I agree, even if it was altered stocks are around and at times very reasonable to replace. Someone probably put the pad on to reassure the confidence of a lady or a younger person. It is a nice piece, personally I would find this rifle more useful than a .223 holding thirty rounds. They are fun to shoot and if you cast lead bullets the cost per round using about twelve grains of shotgun powder is still reasonable at twelve or thirteen cents per round.
Silver Hand

Still got this one, as a reminder, the trades I am most interested in are:

Colt Pocket Model M in 32acp
1st or 2nd generation single stack S&W 9mm - 39-2 or 4(5 or 6)39
Interesting, non Ruger 10/22, 22's
CZ 83 in 32 acp
Other odd and older firearms in 32 acp or in the 22 hornet range.

Had one potential sale, but the shortened stock was just a tad too short for him. No hard feelings at all, that they way things go sometimes. :cool:

Instead of dropping the price this time I will try and sweeten the deal with some reloading stuff:

About 150 Hornady 170gr flatpoint
about 490ish 170 gr Lazercast lead bullets
About 300 +/- cases, many once fired, many fired more than once.

Full retail for all that would be around $125 or so.

I found a nice little Colt 1908 in 32acp, so mostly looking for cash at this time, but might consider part trade for a +/- $100 22lr plinker rifle.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.