Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

5" GP100 New Price?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Benjaminray, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Benjaminray

Benjaminray Dallas, Oregon Member

I thought these were not being made anymore, Ruger's website says they are a Davidson's exclusive, but I found one at a local store close to home. They were selling it new for $650, 5" stainless version. I've not been able to find one new anywhere else, and the used prices i'm seeing at the auction sites are between $500 and $600.

Anyone know what a good new price on this revolver would be? I don't mind paying new gun price, I just don't want to grossly overpay...

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

If a used one is $600, I think $50 more for a new one isn't unreasonable.

Dyjital and coyotecaller like this.
  3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

4. Benjaminray

So far I haven't seen it for sale new anywhere else... So I pulled the trigger. Haven't shot it yet, but it certainly feels great in hand. I previously owned the SP101 4", which was a gorgeous gun and shot .38 special extremely comfortable, but it was real bear to shoot magnums...

5. mcfoto

mcfoto Newberg Active Member

I'd jump but not legal for USPSA. 4 " limit. Hoping for a 4" gp100 for my birthday in Rocktober!

6. Benjaminray

Do you mean IDPA? I checked USPSA rules and they say Ruger's up to 8.5 inches are legal...

I've done a few matches in production with my SR9, had a blast, but it looked like the guy shooting the revolver was having more fun. Wouldn't mind trying it some time.

7. mcfoto

mcfoto Newberg Active Member

I just checked: "Any DAO or DA/SA revolver with a barrel length of up to 8.5" is approved."

I stand corrected and am with you that it would be fun to compete with a revolver but I have so many other things to work on. ;)

8. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have the 6" Blued version...until my son shows up, then it's likely to disappear. He carried a Security 6 as a duty weapon and shot it a lot. Long since Sigged then Glocked he still pines for a Ruger 357.