JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Glock 21 that currently is on my "woods gun" duty. After some close incounters of both the yogi and kitty kind, I wouldn't mind having more power then the 45 acp.:s0131:
From what I have gathered on the interweb, I can put a 24lb recoil spring and aftermarket barrel and run 45 super. On the other hand I can buy a conversion slide and barrel to run 10mm. Ammo availability is not much an issue as I will be loading it myself for the most part.
What are your thoughts?

I'm a 10mm fan. Between the same weight bullets the 10mm with have greater sectional density and therefore greater penetration and from what I've seen you can usually push velocities higher with 10mm over .45 super in a given bullet weight. 10mm brass is also more readily available and cheaper than .45 super brass. Both are fun to shoot though :s0155:

10mm for the ammo availability,unless there is plenty of 45 super brass around.

But the glock is kinda perfect woods gun since it was made to get dirty.
Like wenis said,you're 1911's aren't really woods guns,but then I had a fancy Kimber I didn't want to scratch.

The recoil on the G20 is just about the same as the 1911 for me,making it pretty nice to shoot
When the 10mm came out,some crazy took one down to AZ and sat on the ground shootin' hogs (javalina?) with it.Trusting the round to do the job.

I wish y'all would quit talking about them,I'm beginning to want another one:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads