JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was reading about this cartridge.

Basically the .460 S&W Magnum but with a rimless design so it will feed in semi-autos.

I have always like the idea of a handgun and rifle that can share the same cartridge, but very few of them live up to the concept. Of course, .22 RF works well in both - as far as a .22 RF cartridge goes in either handgun or long gun.

Maybe 5.7x28 but it is weak in the pistol (not that much better in the rifle, but maybe acceptable).

When you get up into .454 and .460 mag, then you start seeing some potential for the cartridge out of a long gun approaching other cartridges - although the .45-70 mag still outshines them both when you get up into the heavier bullets.

I have a .45-70 rifle, but I would maybe like something to match my .460V revolver.

The .460 mag is powerful enough for anything on the N. American continent, especially out of a rifle. Unfortunately, the only rifle made for it is expensive - starting at above $3K - albeit a rifle that is probably worth that much, if you can afford it.

Big Horn Armory Gun Catalog | Model 89 Rifles &amp | Big Horn Armory

The .45 Raptor is based on the .308 Win cartridge, and matches most of the .460 mag dimensions except being rimless. It is possible to shoot the .45 Raptor in the .460 mag revolver with moon clips (along with a number of other .45 rimless cartridges).

What I don't particularly want is the AR10 rifle chambered for it. I would rather have a lever action. The BLR comes to mind. It has a number of features I like in a lever action, including being a takedown.

I wonder what it would take to modify the BLR to the .45 Raptor?

It would be nice to have one rifle that could switch between .308 and .45 Raptor

Yes they are.

After digging a bit, it appears that rebarreling a BLR is very expensive. I would be almost as expensive as buying the BHA rifle once a person factored in the cost of the host BLR.

Oh well, maybe someday.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top