JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Magnum research introduced a new cartridge this week, the .429 DE. It is basically a necked-down .50 AE for the Desert Eagle platform. The ballistics look impressive, though I can't see adopting it any time soon. However, didn't they already do this with the .440 Corbon? A I recall, that was kind of met with a yawn.

No offense CG, but I agree with ritz. What we DON'T need is another wildcat handgun caliber. :rolleyes:

No offense taken at all and that is where I am too. I just found the develop weird considering, as far as I know, .440 Corbon was essentially the same thing and a flop, despite heavy marketing. I was thinking maybe I was missing something, but from further reading, I don't think so.

One day I'll own a Deagle, one day.

Just so I can wear this shirt.

upload_2018-11-2_14-12-12.jpeg

Sounds good.. on paper (din click) but if any cartridge was, that one would be a prime candidate for reloading. With that said, it being a bottleneck case could well prove problematic with bullet setback upon feeding, much like the .357 SIG is/does.

Half inch holes, or none at all.

I have one in .44 Magnum and I've been tempted to acquire the .50AE kit (basically an easily swapped barrel and magazine) just because. I really can't justify another caliber now, though that hasn't really stopped me before. :s0112:

(din click)

Don't worry; the original post was link free. :s0155:

I have one in .44 Magnum and I've been tempted to acquire the .50AE kit (basically an easily swapped barrel and magazine) just because. I really can't justify another caliber now, though that hasn't really stopped me before. :s0112:

Don't worry; the original post was link free. :s0155:
Do it.

Do it.