JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that as life goes on, a certain level of introspect is necessary. My dad was a 1911/45 guy for a long time. As he got older, he started to not like the weight of the gun on his bad hip. He started to notbe able to control it as well. So, rather than carry a gun out of being stubborn and prideful, he started carrying lighter guns with lighter recoil. He has the same pride of ownership from his Browning Hi Power as he did with the 1911. It recoils less and is lighter overall.

Someday, I'll be the same way. Until then, I'm happy shooting stuff like 40 and 45.
Definitely going to run a couple .40's at SafeFire in Camas. M&P and 23

I prefer the M&P40 over the Glock 22 or 23. I feel the M&P shoots softer. The magazines arent as stiff to load as Glock .40 call magazines. The M&P was built from the ground up as a 40.

BUT, between the two in 9mm, I prefer Glock.
I've just got to fix my low and left. I dread the idea of aiming higher and right rather than keeping point of aim center mass on the target. In your opinion does the 4" or 3.6" 2.0 compact .40 have anymore recoil than the FS 2.0

Last Edited:
Ok so I just watched a Colion Noir video on the new Glock 19X. Let's hear it y'all liking it. Since it fits into this conversation of 9mm. And of you carrying it concealed.

Ok so I just watched a Colion Noir video on the new Glock 19X. Let's hear it y'all liking it. Since it fits into this conversation of 9mm. And of you carrying it concealed.

If I were going 17 frame/19 slide, Id go G45. The grip heel is shaped like a standard Glock vs having the fronstrap extend over the front of the magazine. That gives you magazine compatibility with any Glock 17/34 magazine. The G19x does not appear to be able to use Gen5 magazines.

I CCW a G17 in an IWB holster. It suits my body shape and I just adjust my clothing by going up a size. No skinny jeans or shmedium shirts.

Ok just got back from the indoor range. Shoot the FS M&P 40 shoot it real well. Shoot my FS M&P Gen 1 9 real well better than my first time at the range. Also shot the Glock Gen 5 9 shoot it good just to blocky in my hand. Forgot to rent the 2.0 9c Now I'm very perplexed 2.0 9c or 40c or have one of each . The M&P 40 shot softer than my Gen 4 Glock 22. Not a Glock hater just prefer the M&P. Let's hear it any and all in put is greatly appreciated. Oh and does the M 2.0 shoot that much better than the 1.0.

Last Edited:
If you like M&P get it, their solid performers. Over thinking will cause inaction, make a decision, go with your gut. I run Glock, why? It's what my dept ran when I was in the line of work. If they ran M&P, I'd be an M&P guy. These are working tools, not some 1911 showpiece.

If you like M&P get it, their solid performers. Over thinking will cause inaction, make a decision, go with your gut. I run Glock, why? It's what my dept ran when I was in the line of work. If they ran M&P, I'd be an M&P guy. These are working tools, not some 1911 showpiece.
Spot on I just want to run the Glock again. When I was in LE they still used wheel guns. I carried a S&W 4 inch 586.

Yes Not far
Brand: Underwood Ammo

SKU: 223

Technical Information
  • Caliber: 40 S&W
  • Bullet Weight: 155 Grains
  • Bullet Style: Hornady XTP Jacketed Hollow Point
  • Case Type: Ducta-Bright 7a Nickel Plated Brass
Ballistics Information
  • Muzzle Velocity: 1300 fps
  • Muzzle Energy: 582 ft lbs

Love my 2.0 4.25" 40sw. Wouldn't mind their new 2.0c 40 or the 3.6 in 40.

Been debating a G22/23 Gen4 if I can find a good deal on one.

Forty is "just right". Perfect combination of potent terminal ballistics, ability to bust through bone -without deflecting - like it isn't even there, capacity nearly that of 9mm, and recoil significantly lighter than .45auto. That's the sweet spot, for sure. I love forty!

The M&P Platform (both full size and Compact) handles .40S&W caliber with ease and comfortable control.

38022101636_4aa7d06c5a_h.jpg

Sig P320 Full size launches .40S&W defense loads like they were 9mm target loads - shoots like it was a Cadillac, smooth and soft.

38044192372_bf47db21f6_h.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads