JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for any 3D printer guys out there to possibly help me out. or many others too!!

Long story short i am paralyzed from chest down, tho i get around well in a manual wheelchair. but have limited hand function especially my left....
I just started diving into reloading. All is well but my biggest hurdle right now is putting my projectile on the case to be seated... i literally have zero grip in my left hand, but had an epiphany!!

Someone with a 3D printer!! could make a bullet holder. sized per caliber, .30 .22 cal 9mm for me specifically.

needs to fit snug enough to hold the projectile as it gets seated then just slide down case to pop of after seat..without the need to grip it to close.. kinda self spring loaded closed until bullet is placed in it.?

this fuse puller is close to concept but needs to be griped to close or use a rubberband..which is fine..
https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bend...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

If anyone would like to try i am willing to cover costs for time, design and material costs

much appreciated!!

PM me and I'll send it to my sorta son n law. He's a huge 3D geek and an engineer as well.

I'm guessing he could do something simple like you mention as I have seen some incredibly complex stuff he has made.

I have the .22lr and 9mm he could use. I have an understanding of reloading but it would be helpful to know exactly what .30 your looking for. I have 7.62x39, .308 and 30-06 if any of those would work better then another or I'm sure I could find someone in the area to buy a single round from.

Another possible option is this:

I met a guy shooting prairie dogs with his AR on top of a hill in Montana. He invited me into his motor home to show me his reloading set up. Nice single stage press, but I was puzzled how he managed it, since he only had one arm! (He shot from a portable bench rest.). His reply was the RCBS Competition Seating die where he could just drop the bullet in the window and raise the ram with his one arm.

I don't want to step on Joe13's toes, but for another option, my son is into 3d printing and would be willing to try. We could test on reloading press as well. Attached is a sketch of what I think I read into what your looking for? I pictured a clothes pin, how close is it?

20220919_210047.jpg

I don't want to step on Joe13's toes, but for another option, my son is into 3d printing and would be willing to try. We could test on reloading press as well. Attached is a sketch of what I think I read into what your looking for? I pictured a clothes pin, how close is it?

View attachment 1279137
yeah kinda like that. light as possible loading .30 (300 BO)and soon .223 and 9mm

Last Edited:

View attachment 1279137
No offense taken here - my SIL is a busy dude so if y'all want to take the reins then I applaud the effort.

As a side note, it seems like there are an abundance of free to download schematics online. My SIL will often find something very similar to what he wants and the tweak it to his needs so he isn't starting from scratch with everything.

Here's another idea.
View attachment 1279208

Multi-caliber plier type grips with just enough fexibility for a solid hold. Actually a nifty bullet puller, but don't know why it wouldn't work the other way round.

(See what I did there? :s0155:)

4 options/bullet size ranges available and not too spendy.
thanks! concept is great, looks to be metal, i really need super light weight, due to no grip and i use a turret press needs to be minimal width. but thank you for ideas!!

?perhaps modify a plastic hemostat or forcep.

I'd "imagine" they could be heated and formed to hold a projectile.

The more they would be formed, the less hand strength would be required. Maybe?

My son is waiting for a new nozzle for his printer which should be here Friday. He had a rough file done last night so we'll give it a whirl as well. I'm thinking that if we got the spring tension correct, you wouldn't need to ever squeeze it. Just shove bullet up from the bottom, and pull sideways off the case once it is up in the die. You might need to set your shell holder on press offset slightly to avoid pulling the case out of center. No matter what happens we will play with it as we like figuring out things like this, and he likes designing stuff...... awhile back I needed a trigger guard for a 410 Snake charmer, thinking it would keep him busy for awhile I asked him to make one. He had a print done that night that only needed slight hole alignment tweaking to fit. He was pretty fired up to almost nail it first time.
My Brother in Law is paralyzed from the waist down as well and I look up to him alot, he doesn't let it stop him from his hobbies.....you seem to be doing so as well. I admire that and am not sure I could continue to be positive and plow forward!

My son is waiting for a new nozzle for his printer which should be here Friday. He had a rough file done last night so we'll give it a whirl as well. I'm thinking that if we got the spring tension correct, you wouldn't need to ever squeeze it. Just shove bullet up from the bottom, and pull sideways off the case once it is up in the die. You might need to set your shell holder on press offset slightly to avoid pulling the case out of center. No matter what happens we will play with it as we like figuring out things like this, and he likes designing stuff...... awhile back I needed a trigger guard for a 410 Snake charmer, thinking it would keep him busy for awhile I asked him to make one. He had a print done that night that only needed slight hole alignment tweaking to fit. He was pretty fired up to almost nail it first time.
My Brother in Law is paralyzed from the waist down as well and I look up to him alot, he doesn't let it stop him from his hobbies.....you seem to be doing so as well. I admire that and am not sure I could continue to be positive and plow forward!
thanks look forward to it. i have a turrent press so it will be perfect no need to worry on shell staying. thank you for helping. yes i stay positive, you have to otherwise you just Rot and Die sadly. your bro in law probably says same, and i am sure you would as well. Never know till it happens how you respond to tragedy. Some curl up in a ball others find new Life! I give most the credit to my wife for pushing me early on when i was first injured. BTW It was a diving accident while we as a family were @ the river 7-23-96. The day of infamy! LOL i know your were thinking how it happend.. LOL everyone asks...i dont mind telling...
BIGEST WORDS OF ADVISE.. NEVER NEVER NEVER DIVE HEAD FIRST IN A RIVER, JUMP FEET FIRST ALWAYS ALWAYS. YOU CAN BREAK YOUR LEGS AND WALK EVENTUALLY. BUT IF YOU BREAK YOUR NECK YOU MOST LIKELY WILL NEVER EVER WALK AGAIN at the MINIMUM.
Let me know what i owe ya and ill send $$ w my address to ship it.!!!
Thank you!

After some issues, we have a prototype printed. .......need to get down to the press and do some testing. It has a slot for a rubber band, or a spring hole on back. Getting correct tension it up first.

16658040631036844159065020008282.jpg 20221015_100902.jpg 20221015_100859.jpg

I can't upload videos, but it looks like it'll hold .22-.40 cal at least. Also, how light of 223 bullets are you using? The picture shows a 52 grain, but if your using much lighter I'd like to make sure they're not to short to hold. Please ignore the rubber band, I had to steal it from my daughter to test tension!

20221015_101532.jpg 20221015_100952.jpg 20221015_100947.jpg 20221015_100927.jpg 20221015_100923.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top