JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll say, I had 3 LCP's. The original, the LCP Custom and the LCP II. Only because I could pocket carry them at my previous job that had a no carry policy. I figured better than a fist. But, I didn't care for any of them, and they all shot pretty lousy. I now carry a 9mm.

I would tend to agree that failure to reliably expand and penetrate simultaneously should cast significant doubt on the suitability of the 380 ACP round for self defense.

But those Walther's sure are pretty.

I should not even reply to this click bait.

Like if you could buy the same light truck in a 4 or 6 cylinder and the 6 cyl gas was cheaper, got better mileage, more tow/haul capacity..... you would CHOOSE the 4 because?!?!?!?

/rant

Your own statement above is not correct. You cannot get the same "light truck" with a 6 cylinder engine or a 4 cylinder. One truck is much lighter and smaller. For any 9mm you pick, there will be a 380 that is smaller and lighter. Its not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Ok, you like 9mm. Good for you. The OP has made his selection for .380. That is his choice. He is giving up power for ease of carry. Its a tradeoff that anyone who CCs makes.

To the OP, I have shot 3 different kinds of defensive carry ammo and all work well in the original Ruger LCP and the Glock 42. No FTFs for FTEs. Remington Golden Saber, Hornady XTP and Fiocchi XTP. Haven't shot 1000s of rounds, but have shot several hundred of each without problems. I can't tell them apart by recoil or accuracy. They all feel the same to me and are equally accurate. Both are bone stock, no gunsmithing to either of them. Only thing added to the LCP is a Hogue grip which has made it very manageable to shoot.

I also have a Walther PPK/S, but my experience with different ammo isn't applicable. I bought mine from a retired FBI agent (it was his backup gun) and it was heavily worked over by their gunsmiths. It eats anything and everything and shoots like a dream.

Thanks for the heads up on the Underwood ammo @The Courier. We'll check that out for the LCP. :)

Underwood is having a 10% off sale on their lead free ammo, using coupon code COPPER10

Lead Free – Underwood Ammo

Per Underwood:

Add in-stock products to your cart.

Click link at the top of the page "Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code"

Enter the promo code "COPPER10" into the box titled
"Coupon Code" on the Shopping Cart page.

Click "Apply Coupon"

Discount is immediately applied.

Offer valid beginning 12:00 p.m. on February 23, 2018 through
February 25, 2018 Midnight (CST)

*NOTE* I am NOT affiliated with Underwood in any manner, just a past customer.

20180227_224335.jpg

So, this past year, me and my beloved upgraded our pocket carry pieces from a .32 ACP to a .380 ACP: mine from a Keltec P32 to a Walther PPK/S and hers from a Beretta 3032 to a Ruger LCP Ⅱ. (Though we kept the two little .32s for now.)

For practice, we have mainly stuck to ball ammunition, but I am looking at options for quality defensive ammunition. If you carry a pistol so chambered, what do you load it with? Thanks. :)

For your .32 a good defense option might be to grab the pistol barrel between your thumb and forefinger and throw it really really hard boomerang style right at the attackers face.
Just kidding of course!

Last Edited: