JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have the owners manual it will probably address acceptable ammo, if not contact the manufacturer. How much do you value your hands, eyes, etc, I don't think I'd want to take a persons advise from a web forum. Sure there are a lot of knowledgeable people here but...what do they have to lose?

look up the model you have on google or something and see if its rated for those rounds...if its not then sell them and sell them quick, taurus isnt known for having the absolute best revolvers out there. i was at a gun range the other day and they have a blown up S&W short revolver...he was probably having the same dilemma...til it blew up in his face :s0131:

Seriously? Taurus not known for good revolvers??? Then in the next breath you talk about a blown up Smith?! Quit the baseless bashing!
Every manufacturer has turds....that goes for cars, coffee makers, guns and anything else mechanical!

I have a Taurus .38 revolver. While most are, mine is not +p rated.

If you cannot find any information about it, better to be safe, as far as I would be concerned, and not fire it through that gun.

Thanks for the replies fellas, better safe then sorry, I'll research the Taurus site and see if I can find my instruction booklet. Back in the late 60's I had a "Saturday Night Special" blow up in my hands and don't want to experience that again!
Bumpy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads