JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some .32 long and short rimfire rounds. The shorts appear to have copper casings. Longs are brass but they both have an identical "P" stamp. I've looked around a bit but can't seem to locate who manufactured these or their approximate age.

Anyone familiar with these?

Impressed P? Peters Cartridge Company.

How many is "some"? They have collector value, although Peters is fairly
common. There are also people that pay good money for them to shoot.

Impressed P? Peters Cartridge Company.

How many is "some"? They have collector value, although Peters is fairly
common. There are also people that pay good money for them to shoot.

Thanks! Yes.. an impressed "P".

Ohhh.. a couple dozen longs and 30 or so shorts. Had em since I was young and never knew what they were for. Before today I don't think I've looked at since back in the early 80's. Had no idea what they went to so just tucked em away in the "misc" ammo box.

Not anything someone would buy I'm sure (no boxes or such). Just satisfying an old curiosity. ;)

Last Edited:
Smith and Wesson made a fair number of Revolvers for both of those cartridges. Both can also be used in the .32 H&R Magnum and the .327 Magnum guns.:)

Thanks! Yes.. an impressed "P

Not anything someone would buy I'm sure (no boxes or such). Just satisfying an old curiosity. ;)

Offer them for sale--you might be surprised. Look around online at the collector cartridge sale sites--they
sell them individually.

If you can't find a whole box, then having a single cartridge or two in your Collection is better than nothing. I collect Smith and Wesson Guns and I'd like to have a few to go with my Guns. Hey, it's a Collector thing!:):):)

If you can't find a whole box, then having a single cartridge or two in your Collection is better than nothing.

That makes sense. I guess it makes a guy feel old when things from his youth are now collectible antiques. :p

I used to Collect cartridges to show to my Hunter Ed Classes. I don't teach any more because the State has added way too much garbage about all the Conservation stuff that they have pushed the "Real" stuff like Safety out the window. That doesn't mean I would turn down the chance to pick up something I don't currently have. I'm a real Sucker for the old and unusual Stuff.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top