JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
300 Winchester Magnum
City
Oregon City
State
Oregon
I have some bullets that didn't work for my rifle.

Berger 230gr Hybrids: qty 205
$120 local pickup

hornady 208 Amax: qty 55
**SOLD** $15 local pickup*SOLD*

Oregon city/Clackamas area

7FBAD03F-7F9A-421F-A450-8A48C78DD0DF.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Mind if I ask what your rifle is and how they didn't work? I had a Winchester White Box that my 700 in 300 WM wouldn't take so I'm wondering if these may have the same problem should I purchase them?

Mind if I ask what your rifle is and how they didn't work? I had a Winchester White Box that my 700 in 300 WM wouldn't take so I'm wondering if these may have the same problem should I purchase them?

My 300WM (rem700 with criterion remage barrel) has an extra long throat for longer bullets, but to get the 230's close to the lands I was too long to fit in my magazine. I loaded up some to fit in my mag, but I believe there was too much jump to get the accuracy I wanted. A shorter throat would likely have worked better. I'm switching over to 225 Hornady's. They don't have as good of BC as the bergers, but I can load them out to the length I need to fit my chamber and magazine.

208's worked fine, just too heavy for my 308, and not heavy enough for what I wanted in the 300.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top