JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im currently using Hornady dies but was wondering if upgrading to a higher end seating die would be useful? Been looking at the Redding like that you can fine tune it. Anyone have opinions on a higher end seating die? Loading 308 168 gr smk mostly.

Thanks

I shoot 5 shot groups inside a dime with my 308, 220 swift and 223. I use a Lee neck sizer die. (Kinda a bottom shelf brand but they work for me ) I have Redding dies as well that do about the same. Lotta factors go into printing tight groups. Most importantly is finding the combo your rifle likes.

Hornady makes a higher end seating die, you could also get a precision seating stem for your existing die set. RCSB also has precision seating dies as well and precision seating stems as well. Upgrading your seating die is more of a personal choice IMO. I can get my bullet seating down to the 0.001 of an inch with both my Hornady and RCSB dies, I don't use a precision seater stem. I just do it by feel and use a micrometer to measure the stem depth.

I can see if you're playing with seating depth and chasing that last bit of variance, that a micrometer seating die would make some sense. For most of the reloaders, it's nice, but not critical.

Is it the fault of.......
Your rifle,
Your ammo,
or
You??

Spend as much as you want. As long as you're HAPPY.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top