JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't have the rifle any more but I have the brass with denting. Will anyone want this for reloading or does the dent make it not worth the effort? Was gonna punch primers out and tumble once and put up for trade.

Ive actually been wondering about the 91 brass, my buddy bought 2 new PTR's. The brass comes out near black and mangled. I put a few through the die and no luck... I hope the bolts break in, or whatever causes the major damage to the brass.

Well real HK 91's should have marks along the entire case from having a fluted chamber. I very quick google search also turned up some with denting.

I know with the fluting there are mixed reviews on if they are safe to reload or not. A quick google search on "HK 91 brass" turned up tons of threads on both.

I've reloaded the dented brass with no problems. But I did get a buffer so that they don't get the dent. If you look at my HK brass real close, you can see multiple instances of the old flutes.

The brass comes out very dirty from carbon because the gasses are directed into the chamber, past the case via the flutes. Then you get a very ... 'energetic' ejection and the dent is caused by the brass striking the back of the ejection port. This puts it in a nice pile about 10-15 yards forward and right of your firing position. I think the ejection pile can get a better group than the target sometimes. B-)

The brass cleans up OK, though not super shiny unless you put a lot of time into it. And the sizing die cleans up some of the dent which fireforms when you use it. But then, it gets a new dent. If you want to avoid the dent, get an ejection port buffer.

elsie

Well real HK 91's should have marks along the entire case from
having a fluted chamber. I very quick google search also turned up some with denting.

I know with the fluting there are mixed reviews on if they are safe to reload or not. A quick google search on "HK 91 brass" turned up tons of threads on both.

Yes- Fluting is a great term for what I'm seeing. Almost can "feel" grooves length wise along the entire case.

Maybe I'll just brass scrap it unless someone tells me they want to try to reload it. Anybody? I'll donate it locally with a back end payout for same quantity in 9mm, 40, 5.56 for whatever ends up being usable.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top