JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1100
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Naches
State
Washington
Zip Code
1933 savage 99G takedown. She a Beaut Clark. Red field peeps, original sling which is very cool in itself.
I got the gun from an older gentleman in my town who's story was that his father bought the gun brand new in upstate New York and the sling the same day.
His father passed in 1962 and he had the gun every since then and never fired it. I did fire it and it worked flawlessly.

B3DE1E22-BC9E-41F0-9727-837081D11E70.jpeg 894866C6-75CF-4649-8715-1F04E22CCB85.jpeg 71A8E08E-09B9-4483-B192-F04C50D416B6.jpeg 1133C2C0-CF14-4E49-9004-C744963098D1.jpeg 02F7474E-A1E7-405C-8F86-0FBF58AC48CA.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
1933 savage 99G takedown. She a Beaut Clark. Red field peeps, original sling which is very cool in itself.
... bought the gun brand new in upstate New York and the sling the same day.

View attachment 1365457 View attachment 1365458 View attachment 1365459 View attachment 1365460 View attachment 1365461
The original "S" sling-hook is hard to find. Many owners replaced the large loop studs and sling hooks because the leaf spring could become jammed, and hook fall out at a BAD time. Quick realese sling swivels were the rage in the 1950's. The hooks on your rifle are kept shut with the leather wrapping.

It might be just the picture tone and coincidental wood grain, but looks like it has a "fruit wood" stock instead of walnut. The 99H carbine (having no pistol grip) of the same period uncommonly had "fruit wood" stock, (assumed to be hickory or cherry.) Yelloish color under the varnish and well defined straight grain lines. Never heard of a 99G having such. Might be worth discussing on a Savage chat room. Factory letter?

I had a 99H with fruit wood stock.

The original "S" sling-hook is hard to find. Many owners replaced the large loop studs and sling hooks because the leaf spring could become jammed, and hook fall out at a BAD time. Quick realese sling swivels were the rage in the 1950's. The hooks on your rifle are kept shut with the leather wrapping.

It might be just the picture tone and coincidental wood grain, but looks like it has a "fruit wood" stock instead of walnut. The 99H carbine (having no pistol grip) of the same period uncommonly had "fruit wood" stock, (assumed to be hickory or cherry.) Yelloish color under the varnish and well defined straight grain lines. Never heard of a 99G having such. Might be worth discussing on a Savage chat room. Factory letter?

I had a 99H with fruit wood stock.
Its the only savage I own so I don't really know much about it except on savages page experts told me it was a hard to find 99G so I'm just pretty much going off of that. I do know it's a beautiful rifle and you are correct, very light color. Thank you for looking at it and giving me more information much appreciated

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.