JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have two Noveske built 300/221's. One 16.5 and one Pistol. If you ever talk with these guys (Joel or John) about loads or how to set them up they are a wealth of knowledge. I have developed several Loads with this round with help from Joel. All the way from light plinking rounds to full power cartridges capable of taking deer size game along with several different subsonic loads. They are very specific on the abuse of full power rounds through my upper that is set up specifically for subsonic ammo though. For this reason I keep them to a minimum and use a different bolt carrier group when firing them. They are very specific about the gas system and timing the upper they build.

A couple recommendations if you are going to build a 300/221 upper. 1) Have Noveske do it! 2) Get the adjustable gas block installed 3) Purchase a Gas Buster Charging handle 4) Make your rounds from the 221 fireball case using Redding Dies 5)Utilize a drop compensated retical scope or go with a QUALITY scope like the MK4 or Nightforce that is capable of dialing exact MOA drop based on range. AND have fun .........to date my 16.5 upper has taken unknown amount of cats, 3 coyotes and a deer.

I have no interest in suppression loads. My intention is to make an actual deer capable rifle that is equivalent to the 30-30 but with much better accuracy. I handload everything I shoot and .223 brass is as common as dirt so it seems natural to me. I got lots of powder and bullets too so all I need is the barrel and lower receiver parts.

I would do a 6.5 Grendel instead. Isn't the biggest advantage of this round its use in suppression loads?

Both my .300 AAC Carbine (16") and Pistol (10") seem to cycle fine with the carbine gas system. Did have to relieve the gas port on the pistol just a tad. Just waiting on the 'CAN' paperwork to be processed ....

Am I missing something here? My 300/221 is built off the 223 lower/upper. You are showing me pictures of a .308 based system based on the mag configuration

Am I missing something here? My 300/221 is built off the 223 lower/upper. You are showing me pictures of a .308 based system based on the mag configuration
They are shorter mags for use with the bi-pod, with the 30 rounders in it they get in the way. And the pistol has the short ones too. The pistol also has a bi-pod stud on it.

Hi, that is a standard .223 lower on both the rifle and the pistol ..... with 20 round mags ....... 30 rounders are too long when you shoot from a bench ....... Pistol is dang accurate at 100 yards shooting, 147gr. Under 2" groups with the pistol ....... Also, free hand shooting at 100 yards and nailing and 8"x8" steel plate every time.

Olympic Arms® 300/Fireball, this caliber has been around for nearly 20 years; I bought the barrel used a few months ago.

DSCN6720.jpg

DSCN6728.jpg

DSCN6729.jpg

DSCN6731.jpg

DSCN6733.jpg

DSCN6734.jpg

DSCN6750.jpg

DSCN7073.jpg

and this is how the OA® 300/FB tuned out w/ YHM® FF/Handguard

DSCN7165.jpg

range trip ... I shot (3) rounds and then made a optic adjustment; and then fired (2) more rounds.

DSCN7335.jpg

DSCN7347.jpg

Here is mine I built a few years ago. Had lilja make me a barrel for it. I still have some work to do but it runs good. I ONLY run SS ammo out of it and use a 9mm Trident due to the light weight. If I want to shoot supersonic .30 call I have .30-30, .308, .30-06, .300 WM, ect.

DSC_0004-2.jpg

Olympic Arms® 300/Fireball, this caliber has been around for nearly 20 years; I bought the barrel used a few months ago.

DSCN6720.jpg

DSCN6728.jpg

DSCN6729.jpg

DSCN6731.jpg

DSCN6733.jpg

DSCN6734.jpg

DSCN6750.jpg

DSCN7073.jpg

and this is how the OA® 300/FB tuned out w/ YHM® FF/Handguard

DSCN7165.jpg

range trip ... I shot (3) rounds and then made a optic adjustment; and then fired (2) more rounds.

DSCN7335.jpg

DSCN7347.jpg

Would you want to share your load info?

I am using 4.8 g Titegroup under a Serria MK 220. The impulse with this powder always operates the "Stock" action and the accuracy is acceptable at 2.25 inches at 100yards

Not that "I" could do better,but the local cowboy shooter has a target sitting in the gunshop with two groups of three with all holes touching at 100 yards.So the round will perform if you and the gun will.

I do not have that recipe,but I can get picks and the recipe for it.

Would you want to share your load info?

I am using 4.8 g Titegroup under a Serria MK 220. The impulse with this powder always operates the "Stock" action and the accuracy is acceptable at 2.25 inches at 100yards
I’ll share what information I have on hand; as a friend of mine re-loaded this ammunition for me, after I picked up the used barrel; and he gave me (10) rounds of each of these loads; and (5) of the Frangibles.

300 Blackout Load Data:

Qty (10)
Bullet: 125gn. Speer® TNT HP
Powder: 16.4gn. Hodgdon® Lil-Gun™
Primer: CCI® #400
Brass: ‘once fired’ LC®

DSCN6626.jpg

Qty (10)

Bullet: 125gn. Sierra® ProHunter SP

DSCN6631.jpg

Qty (5)
Bullet: 108.5gr. M-160 Frangibles

DSCN6629.jpg

Cut - Sized - Trimmed - De-Capped

DSCN6627.jpg

Globemaster

What did you plate your bolt with?
the Bolt Carrier assembly is coated in a TiN® (Titanium Nitride®); it is a factory offering from DPMS® … I picked up the lightly used BCG on an Equipment Exchange board for $110, and it was about the same time I got the 300FB, so I decided to use it on the build.

DSCN6717.jpg

DSCN6716.jpg

DSCN6718.jpg

Detailed Specs:
• Material: Steel
• Finish: Titanium Nitride is harder than chrome and has a gold appearance and high lubricity. Rockwell 80c hardness.
• Features: Made to military specifications and dimensions.

Additionally: here are some useful weblinks ....

web link to >>> <broken link removed>

web link to >>> OA2.org

web link to >>> <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR