Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.300 blackout upper

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by chrislind2, Mar 17, 2015.

1. chrislind2

chrislind2 Springfield, Oregon Member

Getting ready to try out my new .300 blackout rifle. The warranty instructions say I should fire one round and then clean the barrel and chamber, and repeat this 10 times. Then fire 10 rounds and clean. Then I can go up to 100 rounds and clean. I always keep my guns very clean, but this procedure seems excessive. I will likely follow it, but I wish they would say why when they tell you to do something that seems unusual.

2. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Need more details about this rifle. Add a photo too if you can. I want a .300 blackout short barreled upper for my upcoming SBR. I want to shoot subsonic rounds thru my Bowers VERS 9s. I love quite shooting.

3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Some gun manufacturers want a barrel broken in a certain way. It does seem a little excessive, but what the heck?

Modeler likes this.
  4. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee SE Portland Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Here is a topic about like AR vs. AK, 9mm vs. .45, Glock vs. 1911, etc., etc. Everyone will have an opinion and I don't think anyone, including me (especially me:)), really knows. Is it a waste of time?? Possibly. Does it do any harm?? Probably not. Watch some of the gun boards until you find an opinion you like and then swear by it!!
    My friend and I have contemplated packaging little shaker bottles of "Barrel Seasoning" just to see how many we could sell.