JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
The headstamp should have the date. Should be a T W followed by two numbers... That will tell us if it's corrosive or not.

I live in Salem, so I could meet you somewhere. No need to ship.

That's the year where TW switched over from corrosive priming for ball ammo. So to be sure you would need to check the lot number as the change occurred mid-year. Not a big issue though, just clean as if it's corrosive and you will be fine.

I take a bottle of Windex to the range when I'm shooting corrosive. When done for the day flip the rifle stock side up with the muzzle pointed down and spray a good 8 -10 full squirts down the barrel. Shake a bit and case it up. Then clean as normal when you get home. Never had a problem in decades of doing this.

If you are really concerned, just do what the old timers did. Give the rifle a thorough cleaning as soon as you can on the day of firing. Finish with a heavy film of oil in the bore. Then, for the next two consecutive days run several solvent wetted patches through the barrel, dry and oil as before. No problem.

I hope this helps!

Hope this helps with the sale. This is a chart from the CMP website that lists the starting year and lot numbers for non-corrosive ammo.

Ted

Non Corrosive Ammo.jpg

That's a great chart 415DET, thanks for posting it, I've downloaded a copy for my records. The chart differs than my info, but it was pulled from a poster on The Highroad website quite a long time ago. I'm sure your data is more accurate.

So it appears the OP's ammo is non-corrosive.

It will be fine … unless it was stored on the back deck of your car in summer! Govt. ammo is quality stuff. I'd be after your stash if you were closer.

FWIW I in the late 90's I fired some Mauser ammo that was head stamped 1925 … and it worked fine. I wish I had some of that for collecting reasons but it's long gone.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.