JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Evening all.
Hoping for some education here. Bought a lot sale today, and in one of the ammo cans, I came across 108 pieces of .257 Roberts Brass. Not familiar with the 257 caliber...can someone provide me any info on this? Worth anything (believe it's all once fired)?

20170602_203842.jpg

Its a 7x57 mauser case necked down to .257. Almost like a 6mm Rem/244 Rem. Same bullet as the 25-06. It used to be pretty popular until the 25-06 and 243 came around. The 257 Roberts is a smidge too long for a short action unless you stomp the bullet real deep. So, the 243 took the market share because it fit in a short action. For those using long actions, they went to the 25-06 because if the greater performance from the larger case. It has slowly turned into a reloaders cartridge.

I have a couple friends that use it for deer, and they love it. It's a great round with origins nearly a century ago. If the brass is in good condition it's definitely worth something. Put it on the trader section, $25 and someone would probably grab it. Might be worth more than that depending. Looks like it's cleaned and primed? If so, no real way of knowing how many times it's been fired, but if it looks good it's still worth something.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top