JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hope this is the right place for asking this. Trying to locate a source for 25 rimfire ammo for a friend. I know this ammo has not been made for many years. Any replys will be passed on to him. Thanks for any help.

I have 4 old boxes of 25 Remington, It is a centerfired cartridge, I am sure it is not what your after, but thought I might mention it.. thanks Sandy, let me know if interested..

Hello and the best of luck,
I found some about 10 years ago and it is original and it was only $89.00 for a box of 50.
www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/33

This site has Canuck .25 Stevens Rimfire shorts for $2.50 a round.
If you find some and there's extra PM me please, if its not too expensive I'd like to get a box.
Wish some ammo company would make some, there are a lot of old Stevens Favorites out there in perfectly fire-able condition except no ammo.
Also found this article which I have no idea if it is true or safe so take no responsibility for the information:
>.25 STEVENS RIMFIRE: Old single-shot guns in this obsolete caliber can be cheaply fired again by using .27 caliber #5 Power Loads from Home Depot behind a #2 buckshot pellet. Power Loads higher than #5 may split open, depending on the tightness of your action. .25 caliber Power Loads are too small.

Take care.
rhtwist

Thanks for the offer HappyRoman but it needs to be rimfire. rhtwist I'll keep you in mind if I come across any but a few loose rounds I see at gun shows.

Hello and the best of luck,
I found some about 10 years ago and it is original and it was only $89.00 for a box of 50.
www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/33

This site has Canuck .25 Stevens Rimfire shorts for $2.50 a round.
If you find some and there's extra PM me please, if its not too expensive I'd like to get a box.
Wish some ammo company would make some, there are a lot of old Stevens Favorites out there in perfectly fire-able condition except no ammo.
Also found this article which I have no idea if it is true or safe so take no responsibility for the information:
>.25 STEVENS RIMFIRE: Old single-shot guns in this obsolete caliber can be cheaply fired again by using .27 caliber #5 Power Loads from Home Depot behind a #2 buckshot pellet. Power Loads higher than #5 may split open, depending on the tightness of your action. .25 caliber Power Loads are too small.

Take care.
rhtwist

many thanks for the power load tip i'll try it
my thinking was to reline it in 17 chamber it for hm2 when it dries uo rechamber to 17hmr.

Hey torpedoman,
My pleasure, that way you get to test it out;). Let me know if it works please.
Also the locking mechanism on a Stevens Favorite is not the most robust, so keeping it down to low level loads, like in .22LR use the plain jane 40 grain, nothing hot. It will accelerate the wear and headspace and safety quite easily.
Specially since the one I got is hard to determine if it is original or has had parts changed out. If you want to buy a pre-milled buttstock which need woodwork to fit exactly and to fit the reproduction buttplate, let me know. I don't do woodwork and the cost for a professional is prohibitive.
Anyway be safe.
rhtwist

Hope this is the right place for asking this. Trying to locate a source for 25 rimfire ammo for a friend. I know this ammo has not been made for many years. Any replys will be passed on to him. Thanks for any help.
I have a box of 50, 25 cal Stevens rimfire cartridges in the original Remington Kleanbore box. Box is in excellent condition and goes with the cartridges. If you're still interessted, make an offer.
Ammo-one,com sells single cartridges for $4.50 each and YOU ARE LIMITED TO ONE CARTRIDGE.
You can call me any evening except tuesday between 6 and 11 PM central time. I am in Olathe, Ks. Phone 913 897-3422

here is another link to find your 25 stevens riim fie, while I told you I could arrange for several boxes, this fellow has only one and wants 2x my pricing.. <broken link removed>

Thanks for the info HappyRoman. I have not seen my friend in several months now and do not know if he is still interested. When I do see him I'll let him know. He is kind of a hermit and does not have a phone or I would give him a call. Harold

I have several rounds, all are in good shape. Over 100 count, shoot me an offer, all I can do is say no. Thanks.

I have not seen my friend in a long time. I'll have to get a hold of him and see if he is still interested. Any idea how much you would want so that I could let my fiend know.

I have not seen my friend in a long time. I'll have to get a hold of him and see if he is still interested. Any idea how much you would want so that I could let my fiend know.
Most people who have these are asking for an arm and a leg, I have 125 rounds, I don't have a box for them, if he wants them, he can have them 220.00 plus shipping.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.