Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

25 Stevens rim fire ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition Wanted' started by giddyupgo55, Mar 29, 2010.

1. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Hope this is the right place for asking this. Trying to locate a source for 25 rimfire ammo for a friend. I know this ammo has not been made for many years. Any replys will be passed on to him. Thanks for any help.

2. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have 4 old boxes of 25 Remington, It is a centerfired cartridge, I am sure it is not what your after, but thought I might mention it.. thanks Sandy, let me know if interested..

3. rhtwist

rhtwist South Florida Member

Hello and the best of luck,
    I found some about 10 years ago and it is original and it was only $89.00 for a box of 50.
    www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/33

This site has Canuck .25 Stevens Rimfire shorts for $2.50 a round.
    If you find some and there's extra PM me please, if its not too expensive I'd like to get a box.
    Wish some ammo company would make some, there are a lot of old Stevens Favorites out there in perfectly fire-able condition except no ammo.
    Also found this article which I have no idea if it is true or safe so take no responsibility for the information:
    >.25 STEVENS RIMFIRE: Old single-shot guns in this obsolete caliber can be cheaply fired again by using .27 caliber #5 Power Loads from Home Depot behind a #2 buckshot pellet. Power Loads higher than #5 may split open, depending on the tightness of your action. .25 caliber Power Loads are too small.

Take care.
    rhtwist

4. giddyupgo55

Thanks for the offer HappyRoman but it needs to be rimfire. rhtwist I'll keep you in mind if I come across any but a few loose rounds I see at gun shows.

5. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

many thanks for the power load tip i'll try it
    my thinking was to reline it in 17 chamber it for hm2 when it dries uo rechamber to 17hmr.

6. rhtwist

rhtwist South Florida Member

Hey torpedoman,
    My pleasure, that way you get to test it out;). Let me know if it works please.
    Also the locking mechanism on a Stevens Favorite is not the most robust, so keeping it down to low level loads, like in .22LR use the plain jane 40 grain, nothing hot. It will accelerate the wear and headspace and safety quite easily.
    Specially since the one I got is hard to determine if it is original or has had parts changed out. If you want to buy a pre-milled buttstock which need woodwork to fit exactly and to fit the reproduction buttplate, let me know. I don't do woodwork and the cost for a professional is prohibitive.
    Anyway be safe.
    rhtwist

7. ragent

ragent Olathe, Ks New Member

I have a box of 50, 25 cal Stevens rimfire cartridges in the original Remington Kleanbore box. Box is in excellent condition and goes with the cartridges. If you're still interessted, make an offer.
    Ammo-one,com sells single cartridges for $4.50 each and YOU ARE LIMITED TO ONE CARTRIDGE.
    You can call me any evening except tuesday between 6 and 11 PM central time. I am in Olathe, Ks. Phone 913 897-3422

8. HappyRoman

I can help, Have found 2 boxes, Please call for details and arrangement 503-293-0714..Sandy

9. HappyRoman

10. giddyupgo55

Thanks for the info HappyRoman. I have not seen my friend in several months now and do not know if he is still interested. When I do see him I'll let him know. He is kind of a hermit and does not have a phone or I would give him a call. Harold

11. HappyRoman

HAVE FULL INFO 4 u. all LR. us cartridge co = 1box, 1 box kynock..I believe. call bagain and we can make arrangements.